Premed 101 Forums

Interview day outfit question- girls

• 10 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, ijustwantanmd said:

This might be a bit neurotic but should I buy a pantsuit or is it ok that I wear a black blazer that I own with some Uniqlo black pants? Can people tell the difference?

Also is a white chiffon blouse good or should I go with a white cotton shirt?

Thanks!

Hello! Previous Interviewer for Meds school MMIs both in person and via Zoom last year:

1. On Zoom we only saw your top half, most men wore a suite with tie, most women wore a blazer with a blouse. Some people dressed more casually with just a nice sweater or top with simple jewlery.

2. I personally have never given a red flag for clothing but in general avoid cleavage, tank tops, casual wear, crazy loud print or colors and see through material. 

3. As long as it was professional, what you wore had zero impact on your score, wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident 

• 1 year later...

I think you'll be fine with a black blazer. It's decent and elegant - a perfect alternative to a pantsuit. 
Personally, I try not to care too much about clothing. The time I lose on choosing clothes is coming out of my pocket. The simpler the outfit is, the better. Out of all the criteria, I prefer quality and comfort over beauty or style.
I often wear casual clothes or simple mom jeans, and believe it or not - nobody cares. I also have many tops to wear with mom jeans that I love, and it doesn't take long to choose a pair I'd want to wear. I don't think this approach to dressing up will fit all women, but I know it works for me. Since mom jeans are considered stylish now, I manage to always look trendy.