Premed 101 Forums

Queens online interview survival party!

Thanks and congrats to you as well! I was a little worried about my internet connection but I didn't really have any issues with the platform and it worked well thankfully.   It was definitely way better than my CASPER test where some of my videos cut off midway and I didn't know the full scenario.  

I'm sure it won't be as bad as we make it out to be in our heads. Even in the in person interviews there were similar feelings of wanting to go the extra mile or finding it hard. I had a friend who Felt they bombed their Queens interview but got in. 
now we just need to wait for the panel to finally end this application cycle. I wonder if they’ll still meet the may 12th deadline

They said in the email that:

"A Panel interview will not occur immediately after the MMI, but will be conducted via Zoom, and will be arranged at a later date between the Admissions Office and candidates. Final details are still being arranged by the Admissions Committee, but we will ensure all candidates are given a considerable amount of time to prepare."

I read this to mean April. We shall see when. 

59 minutes ago, SquirtleMD said:

I'm sure it won't be as bad as we make it out to be in our heads. Even in the in person interviews there were similar feelings of wanting to go the extra mile or finding it hard. I had a friend who Felt they bombed their Queens interview but got in. 
now we just need to wait for the panel to finally end this application cycle. I wonder if they’ll still meet the may 12th deadline

I did the in-person interview this year. MMI was challenging so for those of you who feel disappointed from the online platform, my experience was also difficult--I am sure they will find a way to make online/in-person equitable. Good luck to everyone on the panels!

On 3/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, grasswedge said:

What did you guys think of the difficulty of the questions? To seem they seemed like pretty basic MMI questions -nothing too unexpected or unique. 

I agree for the most part. I didn’t so much struggle with the content of the questions but I wish I had practiced more specifically with the Queen’s timing style. 

did anyone else have a problem where they sort of prematurely answered the follow up question within the main 5 min prompt?. :(

52 minutes ago, UWCC said:

I agree for the most part. I didn’t so much struggle with the content of the questions but I wish I had practiced more specifically with the Queen’s timing style. 

did anyone else have a problem where they sort of prematurely answered the follow up question within the main 5 min prompt?. :( One question in particular I wasted too much time elaborating on one item only for it to have been a perfect fit to the follow up prompt anyhow. 

I think that's a good thing! It means you already covered all the different bases they were thinking of and had a well thought out answer.