Premed 101 Forums

I think this doc will help https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/files/2013/05/Information-sheet-re-site-selection-Final.pdf

How I understand it is (provided you fill out the rural section) you definitely could get offered admission to the NMP even if it was your 4th choice. But only if your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices have been filled w applicants ranking higher than you in the admissions process

11 minutes ago, scott said:

Thanks for your response. Presumably you personally know people who have been placed in the northern site who didn't put it as their first choice?

Yup. I know one student personally for NMP, but anecdotally I get the sense that there’s usually at least a couple people per year.

9 hours ago, shubeydubeydoo said:

Relatedly, I wonder how many people when applying actually actively choose to not fill out the rural section. You guys think it's actually a lot?

I think it's a lot? I didn't fill out the rural section because I never lived in a rural location, so I thought I wouldn't be deemed suitable anyways