Premed 101 Forums

Opinions about biology prereqs at McGill vs Dawson

Hello! Sorry in advance for the long post ahead. So I’m starting to do my prereqs in hopes to apply to medical school (preferably McGill) next year. I am going to be doing bio1 this fall and bio2 this winter but I’m torn on what to do and looking for opinions. These are my two options with pros and cons 

Option 1: Do it at McGill this fall and winter during my final year of my bachelors.

pros: guaranteed to be online this fall at McGill (I live 45min from downtown so this is great), works with my bachelors schedule more conveniently, will boost my GPA if I get a 4.0 (I’m currently at 3.87 with two semesters left) 

cons: I’m taking pharmacology at the same time which is known to be a difficult course, I’m worried that if I take bio at McGill it’ll lower my gpa more with me juggling bio and pharm together.  

I’m honestly a great student and tend to do well even when juggling a crap ton so I think I’d be okay but I have no idea how hard biol111 and 112 at McGill are. Any insight?

Option 2: do bio1 and 2 at Dawson this year.

pros: less expensive than McGill (but nothing worried about this), wouldn’t affect my GPA if I do below average (just need a pass for McGill admissions) 

cons: may have to go downtown for evenings if it isn’t entirely online (still unsure?) and might conflict with McGill bachelors schedule a bit if so so it’s a gamble. Is attendance mandatory?

Sorry for the long post but if anyone can help me out, that’d be great! I think I’m leaning toward just doing it at McGill and powering through but if people tell me the course is really hard then that would potentially change my mind. I’m a nurse and completing my bachelors in nursing so biology isn’t new territory for me, if that helps lol.