Premed 101 Forums

Tenant's Insurance

2 hours ago, sa123 said:

When I looked into it I was still covered for rental insurance as an extension of my parent's home insurance for any apartment / house I rent since we'll be considered full time students.

Did you have to provide info regarding the owner of the house? When I contacted my parents insurance company they mentioned the extension only applies to student housing provided by the university so I’m wondering how you set it up!

57 minutes ago, mdstudent123 said:

Did you have to provide info regarding the owner of the house? When I contacted my parents insurance company they mentioned the extension only applies to student housing provided by the university so I’m wondering how you set it up!

As long as I'm a full time student I was told that it doesn't need to be on-campus or student housing (I'm not renting through the university).

• 4 months later...

Hi there, have you found a provider? I recommend you try getting tenant insurance through Surex which is my personal provider. They'll help you obtain multiple quotes on policies that fit your needs from several of the leading insurance providers. You could probably also try asking for possible discounts for multiple policy holders while you're at it. You can send me a message if you need help. Good luck!