Premed 101 Forums

Master's and Undergrad Thesis for ABS

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some feedback from previous successful applicants on the ABS. I did a research-based thesis in undergrad but it did not lead to a journal publication (just poster and oral presentations). Would anyone recommend including an entry for "Undergrad thesis" or just the poster/oral presentations under the Research section (or under another section)?

Similarly, asking the same about my master's research based thesis- I am including an entry as "manuscript in progress" since we hope to publish in the winter but have others also included an actual "thesis" entry?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, yeescience said:

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some feedback from previous successful applicants on the ABS. I did a research-based thesis in undergrad but it did not lead to a journal publication (just poster and oral presentations). Would anyone recommend including an entry for "Undergrad thesis" or just the poster/oral presentations under the Research section (or under another section)?

Similarly, asking the same about my master's research based thesis- I am including an entry as "manuscript in progress" since we hope to publish in the winter but have others also included an actual "thesis" entry?

Thanks!

I would put the poster and oral presentations in.

Or another option is to have the Thesis as your title, but then poster and oral presentations as the results of that activity.

Also your thesis will be reflected on your transcripts already so it's not as necessary to mention it.

I would say either is fine! I didn't have any published articles during interview invitation round and I went okay.