Premed 101 Forums

Casper mess-up

Hey guys, 

I'm applying in third year and have a 129 CARS and 3.94 GPA (3.95 Ottawa). I applied to Ottawa, Queens and Mac, but with a sub-par ABS, I feel like my best chance of getting an II is probably with Mac. I haven't been able to practice casper as much as I'd like so was thinking of booking it for the november 19th date instead of the oct 22nd. Ik picking the nov date puts make me illegible to apply to ottawa or queens, but it would increase my chances of getting an II at mac.

what do you guys think?

9 minutes ago, premed12322 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm applying in third year and have a 129 CARS and 3.94 GPA (3.95 Ottawa). I applied to Ottawa, Queens and Mac, but with a sub-par ABS, I feel like my best chance of getting an II is probably with Mac. I haven't been able to practice casper as much as I'd like so was thinking of booking it for the november 19th date instead of the oct 22nd. Ik picking the nov date puts make me illegible to apply to ottawa or queens, but it would increase my chances of getting an II at mac.

what do you guys think?

Do not stress it, just take the CASPer coming up (22nd). You have a shot for an interview for all schools. It honestly is not horribly difficult and the prep is not bad. Do some online practice questions and look up videos for model answers. Ultimately the goal of CASPer is to be balanced in your answers (look at all perspectives), respect people's wishes (ethics - i.e. Autonomy, Beneficence, Professionalism, Equity etc...). Think of some rough experiences you've had (e.g. difficult conversations, hearing rumors etc...) and write them down in point form to refresh your memory when any personal experience questions come up. Best of luck.

On 10/17/2020 at 3:40 PM, premed12322 said:

Hey guys, 

what do you guys think?

Hmmm I would say it depends bc you wouldn't want to rush into taking it before you're ready and the 22nd is soooooo soon. The last thing you want is for your nerves to get the best of you the day of. But yeah try and do some practice questions and maybe even time yourself to mimic the 5 minute time frame for typing out your answers. Good luck!! :))) 

I would definitely take the 22nd CASPer- it's natural to feel unprepared (I did) but there really isn't that much prep you can do (in my personal opinion). Do the practice test, find some free prep questions, make a list of experiences you can draw on, and you should be fine. You never know what schools will invite you- there's so much chance in this process. Taking yourself out of the running for two schools would be a real shame imo, and I really don't think more CASPer prep will help you for Mac. As others have said, your stats are good enough for Mac anyways that you don't even need to do that well on CASPer