Premed 101 Forums

Buying Furniture

Guest Gohan DBZ

Guest Gohan DBZ

Hi Can anyone tell me the location of any furniture stores in London. I decided to buy them at London because I don't have a van to move my bed, table etc from Toronto.

Thank You

Gohan DBZ

Guest DrSahsi

Dundas east of Adelade has a lot of el-cheapio furniture stores. Don't forget to check out Wal-Mart and the like at the larger malls, too. It won't be pretty, but it'll be functional, and the price is right. I still have the Wal-Mart bookshelves I bought in my first year of medical school (holy @#%$, how long ago was that?), and they still work well at accomodating my medical journals.

- Rupinder

Guest nextstopmd

Well, I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend, but here are some ideas...

I agree with the Dundas east of Adelaide comment... There are a bunch of stores along there, but the better ones are way east closer to Airport road. The ones closer to Adelaide tend to be a little scarier.

Futons - there are 2 places right across the street from one another on Richmond @ Oxford.

Chain stores - London has Leon's, Brick and Sears furniture stores...

Funkier places - EQ3 on Wharncliffe and Jensen's on Hyde Park.

Actually there are a few places around the corner of Fanshawe Park Rd and Hyde Park Rd that are good, depending on what you need. I know there is a sofa place there.

On Wharncliffe there is a big store called Tepperman's that sells furniture and electronics.

Other places to check out for things, but they can be hit and miss, are Costco (2 locations) and Sam's Club (1 location). If they have something you like it's usually a pretty good deal.

The closest Ikea is 1 hr away in Burlington...

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Archived