Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances of getting in?

Tienna

Hello, 

I am a senior in high school in Waterloo, ON and I have just finished applying for university programs. My grade 11 average is 93.67% and my current grade 12 average is 95.67%. I am aware that this is a relatively high average but I'm worried that everybody else will also have high averages because of Covid and all high school institutions relaxing their marking schemes.

I applied to four programs:

1. Health Science @ Waterloo, majoring in Health Studies and minoring in pre-clinical with co-op

2. Health Science @ Western, majoring in Health Science

3. Life Science @ Waterloo, majoring in Biomedical Science

4. Medical Science @ Western, majoring in interdisciplinary studies

Should I apply to a few more programs to be safe? Has/is anyone in been in any of these programs?

35 minutes ago, Tienna said:

.Health Science @ Western, majoring in Health Science

4. Medical Science @ Western, majoring in interdisciplinary studies

Hi I am in Medical Science at Western 95 seems like it would be high enough to get in but I cant say for sure since it changes every year depending on who applied. In my year it was around a 93.  Health science usually has a lower average to get it I think its usually around an 88 so I think you would have a good chance there too.  I am not sure if you know this but for med sci you do not pick your major until 3rd year. If you are thinking about doing interdisciplinary science you can start in general science and then apply through the competitive stream to get into IMS.  

• 2 weeks later...