Premed 101 Forums

USASK 2021 PHARMACY APPLICANTS - CLASS OF 2025

Sunshine2021

Hey everybody! It’s great to hear about y’all getting into Pharmacy this year. Unfortunately, I didn’t make the cut this year. My admission average was 81%, I don’t know if that’s low or not. I think I screwed up on the CASPer and the interview. I watched **DELETED** videos on YouTube to prepare for the CASPer. It would be awesome if someone could direct me towards a good resource that I could use to prepare for the CASPer and interview! Wish me luck next time

33 minutes ago, Arandwa said:

Hey everybody! It’s great to hear about y’all getting into Pharmacy this year. Unfortunately, I didn’t make the cut this year. My admission average was 81%, I don’t know if that’s low or not. I think I screwed up on the CASPer and the interview. I watched **DELETED** videos on YouTube to prepare for the CASPer. It would be awesome if someone could direct me towards a good resource that I could use to prepare for the CASPer and interview! Wish me luck next time

I have the same average as you and got waitlisted SADGE... Also, what makes you so sure that you screwed up the CASPer test? We never know how we performed on the CASPer. Did you leave questions blank or ran out of time? 

For the ethical dilemma scenarios, I tried to discuss both sides but there's only so much you can type in 5 mins lol

23 hours ago, idontknowwhattoput said:

Hi guys, in the acceptance letter where it states:

"To participate in the Experiential Learning portions of the Pharm.D. program, you will be required to register as a pharmacy intern with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals prior to your first year of study. This involves paying an application fee and submitting an application and two reference letters." 

Does anyone know what type of reference letters they are looking for? (i.e. only pharmacy, academic, etc.) And also how soon those reference letters would need to be into the school by? I honestly did not expect to need reference letters for this portion and I just wanted to know beforehand so I am not missing anything!

Thank you in advance

Hey so I figured out you have to goto the official site for the college of pharmacy professionals and actually register for the experimental learning through the site (also drop 2 character references as well). I don't think we can do it yet though because we don't have passwords for our accounts and such.

My application status updated to “withdrawn” today and that is very confusing. And figures I can’t get ahold of anyone in the department today! Maybe this means I have to apply next year or my position on the waitlist is being evaluated? 

12 minutes ago, Pharmacy2025 said:

I’m soooooo lost. Did you guys receive information on how to register for classes yet? In my letter they gave me my email that I’m supposed to be using but I have no idea how to access it. 

No login info yet. But I did email Diane and she said that all the login information and such will be emailed in the next few days. Probably just waiting for all the acceptance letters to be confirmed.

3 hours ago, nervous-system said:

Hi, has anyone here got accepted with mid 70s??  I am an IP and I apply next year, Im not sure what my chances are.

I had a friend who applied with an 86 average and got rejected as an IP (not even waitlist). He screwed up on the CASPer test pretty badly (not sure how he did on the interview). Lots of people dismiss the CASPer test as something they don't have to prepare for. Friend's biggest issue was going blank when it was time to type out the answers and then overthinking the answers he was typing and then not getting much written down. People should aim for a bare minimum 60 WPM but 80-100 WPM is probably better.

Imo, there is no time to overthink for CASPer. I wrote down everything that came to my mind discussing as many points of view or courses of action I could think of. Be compassionate, don't judge or jump to conclusions. I also went over my personal experiences over and over so on the day of the test, they were fresh in my head. I have an ~82 average and just got accepted as IP. I must have done well on the CASPer test considering my average isn't the best out of all applicants and I thought my interview was meh (I got way different questions than what I expected).

On 7/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, Sondos said:

I had a friend who applied with an 86 average and got rejected as an IP (not even waitlist). He screwed up on the CASPer test pretty badly (not sure how he did on the interview). Lots of people dismiss the CASPer test as something they don't have to prepare for. Friend's biggest issue was going blank when it was time to type out the answers and then overthinking the answers he was typing and then not getting much written down. People should aim for a bare minimum 60 WPM but 80-100 WPM is probably better.

Imo, there is no time to overthink for CASPer. I wrote down everything that came to my mind discussing as many points of view or courses of action I could think of. Be compassionate, don't judge or jump to conclusions. I also went over my personal experiences over and over so on the day of the test, they were fresh in my head. I have an ~82 average and just got accepted as IP. I must have done well on the CASPer test considering my average isn't the best out of all applicants and I thought my interview was meh (I got way different questions than what I expected).

oh wow seems like CASPer is extremely important. Thank you so much for letting me know, now I know what to focus on the most

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, idontknowwhattoput said:

Hi guys, in the acceptance letter where it states:

"To participate in the Experiential Learning portions of the Pharm.D. program, you will be required to register as a pharmacy intern with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals prior to your first year of study. This involves paying an application fee and submitting an application and two reference letters." 

Does anyone know what type of reference letters they are looking for? (i.e. only pharmacy, academic, etc.) And also how soon those reference letters would need to be into the school by? I honestly did not expect to need reference letters for this portion and I just wanted to know beforehand so I am not missing anything!

Thank you in advance

Hello, I'm a future applicant wishing to pursue pharmacy, were you able to tell me what types of references Usask is looking for? 

• 10 months later...

Hello! I entered the same specialty this year, and I can't find a chat or any other information about how to contact them. I was interested to read about how you discuss enrollment and what attracted you most to the university.  I was choosing between pharmaceutical and medical faculties. But after I discovered that the labor market is in short supply of pharmacists, I decided it was worth choosing this specialty. After graduation, I think I will work at PillPal.  Many of my friends said that this year's entrance exams were much more difficult than in previous years.