Premed 101 Forums

USASK 2021 PHARMACY APPLICANTS - CLASS OF 2025

Sunshine2021

12 minutes ago, Fizzz said:

I got waitlisted too :(

What’s crazy is that it looks like the decision was made on Monday and the letter was dated for the 22nd. Life is playing a fun game of “teach them patients”. I emailed one of the people from the department because I found the part where it states that applicants given an offer have to respond by the 30th but they won’t provide a response to waitlisted students for two weeks following that date. So I’m curious if they haven’t ranked people on the waitlist quite yet. 

So it turns out waitlisted spots could be moved to offers before June 30th. If you’re reading this and plan to go to a different university (or whatever your circumstances maybe), make sure to respond ASAP. I know that this may also be a tough choice if you’re also deciding between multiple schools. 

39 minutes ago, roger45 said:

Omg did they tell you how far in line you guys are? I’m so nervous!!!

No they didn't tell me my position on the waitlist. I'm an OOP do you guys know how many people usually get waitlisted? 

4 hours ago, ABG24 said:

What’s crazy is that it looks like the decision was made on Monday and the letter was dated for the 22nd. Life is playing a fun game of “teach them patients”. I emailed one of the people from the department because I found the part where it states that applicants given an offer have to respond by the 30th but they won’t provide a response to waitlisted students for two weeks following that date. So I’m curious if they haven’t ranked people on the waitlist quite yet. 

Yeah I saw that too, not sure why I never got an email. The anxiety from waiting on a decision was killing me now the waitlist made it so much worse. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Fizzz said:

No they didn't tell me my position on the waitlist. I'm an OOP do you guys know how many people usually get waitlisted? 

Yeah I saw that too, not sure why I never got an email. The anxiety from waiting on a decision was killing me now the waitlist made it so much worse. :unsure:

Weird they wouldn’t release all the results at once

5 hours ago, Fizzz said:

No, I found out from the usask website under the application status 

5 hours ago, butterfly123 said:

did you guys find out your admission status via email? 

Yeah I also found out that way. However, I did receive an email at like 1am saying a decision was made and to long into my account. So I’d check there if you’re still waiting for a response. 

7 hours ago, Fizzz said:

I totally get that feeling! I really hope people can make their decisions promptly once they receive their response. This way we can find out sooner than later where we stand. 

Hey guys,

Hope that everyone on the waitlist will receive some good news regarding their admissions as soon as possible! and a big big congrats to those that have been accepted!

I was accepted as an IP applicant this morning, and was wondering if someone has already made a facebook group for the class of 2025? 

19 minutes ago, roger45 said:

Got in as an OOP today! 

just incase you guys are wondering, I just barely made it academically but my casper and interview must have really blown them away!

Congrats!!! Obviously you showed them why you deserve to be there and how marks ultimately aren’t everything, especially in this profession. I didn’t prep much for the CASPer and I think that was my downfall because I type like a snail. I’m just assuming this after finding out my admissions average (I asked the secretary). So if you nailed that, the interview and at least met the minimum grade average, I’m sure you killed it in their eyes! 

Hey can people from out of province please pm me the averages they got in with. We all compete for 1 spot out of 14 so my friends and  I just wanna know the averages they got in with. They did mention that if you have a low average you can still go up with a good interview and casper. 

Hi guys, in the acceptance letter where it states:

"To participate in the Experiential Learning portions of the Pharm.D. program, you will be required to register as a pharmacy intern with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals prior to your first year of study. This involves paying an application fee and submitting an application and two reference letters." 

Does anyone know what type of reference letters they are looking for? (i.e. only pharmacy, academic, etc.) And also how soon those reference letters would need to be into the school by? I honestly did not expect to need reference letters for this portion and I just wanted to know beforehand so I am not missing anything!

Thank you in advance

41 minutes ago, idontknowwhattoput said:

Hi guys, in the acceptance letter where it states:

"To participate in the Experiential Learning portions of the Pharm.D. program, you will be required to register as a pharmacy intern with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals prior to your first year of study. This involves paying an application fee and submitting an application and two reference letters." 

Does anyone know what type of reference letters they are looking for? (i.e. only pharmacy, academic, etc.) And also how soon those reference letters would need to be into the school by? I honestly did not expect to need reference letters for this portion and I just wanted to know beforehand so I am not missing anything!

Thank you in advance

Let me know if you get an answer bc I’m curious as well!!