Premed 101 Forums

Not sure what to do next

The pre-interview invite dread is starting to set in and I'm not sure what my next steps should be. I'm applying to Ualberta and U Calgary this cycle and I'm anticipating rejections. With a 3.7~ and 126/127/126/132 I'm slightly below average. I'm in a gap year and I've been getting some valuable work experience in disability support but i doubt it's enough to make up for my poor stats. I've got a bit of irrelevant research experience, supervisory work experience, a lot of athletics, and lackluster volunteering (which is a nightmare to get right now). I'd love to go for a master's but unfortunately that's just as impractical for me because most programs only count your last two years of your GPA and I shit the bed with a 3.2 in my third year. I'm not in a rush to get in and I'm happy to put the work in to get where I need to be, but i genuinely just don't know what to do next. The last thing i want to do is get a post-grad if I don't need to.

1 hour ago, Rholmen said:

The pre-interview invite dread is starting to set in and I'm not sure what my next steps should be. I'm applying to Ualberta and U Calgary this cycle and I'm anticipating rejections. With a 3.7~ and 126/127/126/132 I'm slightly below average. I'm in a gap year and I've been getting some valuable work experience in disability support but i doubt it's enough to make up for my poor stats. I've got a bit of irrelevant research experience, supervisory work experience, a lot of athletics, and lackluster volunteering (which is a nightmare to get right now). I'd love to go for a master's but unfortunately that's just as impractical for me because most programs only count your last two years of your GPA and I shit the bed with a 3.2 in my third year. I'm not in a rush to get in and I'm happy to put the work in to get where I need to be, but i genuinely just don't know what to do next. The last thing i want to do is get a post-grad if I don't need to.

First of all- wait! It ain’t over till it’s over and you still have a shot.

Wishing you the best of luck this cycle