Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisites in the Summer

Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I had a question about American Med School Prereqs.

I have tried getting in to med school in Canada a couple of times now, but now I want to broaden my chances and try to apply to American Med schools for the upcoming application cycle. However, I only took one semester of physics during my undergrad and I graduated already. In order to fulfill the requirements for American Med Schools I need one more semester of physics. Has anyone taken Physics in the summer and can make me recommendations of which school they took it at and how I would go about taking a course after I already graduated (would I register for undergrad again or continuing studies)?

Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, bearded frog said:

You can just apply to register at a university for courses without declaring a degree. Are you looking to take it online? You would have to look to see what schools are doing with covid, otherwise just go to your local community college.

Thank you for the reply! I didnt know local community college courses count for prerequisites in the USA. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, bearded frog said:

You'll have to check AMCAS to see exactly what the requirements are but most will qualify if they offer a transfer track or the like.

Thanks! I'm always confused since it seems like every school has its own specific rules on whether or not they accept community/online classes and I was confused.