Premed 101 Forums

Interview invitations arrived

Guest hydes79

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest urj0277

Hi Egral,

I have WGPA of 3.69. 1st yr MSc student uOttawa student. Plenty of volunteering at CHEO and the General. Some research. Nothing too fancy.

cheers! :D

Well it is good to know that I am not the only one with a high wGPA and no invite...I have all the basics covered (research, clinical volunteering, school involvement, awards, etc...)...I hate how random this whole process is! Although, I am sure that many people hate how strict cutoffs are at places like Queens and UWO are! Us premeds are never happy...lol!

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to everyone receiving interviews, I got mine shortly after 2 pm today, last name J, 4th year, had an interview last yr. french stream, applied to english this yr. My gpa is 3.83 don't know about ottawa u's calc. Anyway, hope more of you get good news as the day goes on. Believe me, I was ready to have a heart attack during my lunch hour when by the time the clock struck 1 pm, I still hadn't heard! Best of luck.

Guest Scholastica

I have 3.98 wGPA, all the basics covered (reserach exp, voluntering, extracurriculars, scholarships) and still no invite yet... How discouraging...

I hear you EGral...

I thought I was a pretty competitive applicant for Ottawa...and it's my top choice. I know all the emails aren't sent yet, but I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

Good luck everyone! The day isn't over yet!!

Guest 24medgirl

I'm 25 year old with Bsc. in Applied Human Nutrition. Have been working as a Clinical Dietitian for the last two years in the area of Mental Health. I have lots of ECs, volunteer work, some research and a wGPA of 3.6. No e-mail yet.

Keeping my fingers xed for all of us.

They probably just pick a random alphabet and finish everyone whose name starts with that alphabet, and then go down the list of alphabets. Don't think they've hit the first half of the alphabets yet.

This is soooooooooo unhealthy....I'm sitting here going insane. Let's all leave the computer for 1.5 hours...just for our sanity.

Guest silverjelly86

I'm with ya, EGral

OOP

wGPA = 4.0 (I think)

3rd Year applicant

Last name begins with "A"

No invite as of right now

It's not looking good . . .

P.S. I wasn't aware that UOttawa looked down at 3rd years so much. I don't think applying there was such a good idea

Come on chrail....'not yet' does not equal no hope at all. I think we are all holding onto that slightest bit of hope now. Only 1.5 hours remaining. I'm heading out for the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to everyone who's received an interview! It really is something to be proud of!

mcatsucks.. I really don't think anyone misled you. It's difficult to get into any med school out of third year. In the first year anglo stream I only know of 2!

And guys remember that at Ottawa GPA only gets you so far! Out of the approximately 1200 applicants who met GPA and all the other requirements, only 500 interviews are going out.

Anyways, good luck to everyone and if the stars aren't lined up for OttawaMeds, hopefully one of the other schools will work out!

Guest MrsHouse

Here's hoping that alphabet theory holds.

My last name starts with B...but I'm only about 3.83 wGPA, so not overly optimistic as an IP outside of Ottawa.

Guest mcatsucks

Any 3rd years out there....I am DYING to hear from u..If Ottawa had no intentions of interviewing 3rd years...why did they WASTE our $$$ and time on the APP!!!!!

Im angry about this NOW!!!

Any 3rd years with interviews PLEAsE let us know Good luck to those still waiting

Archived