Premed 101 Forums

Interview invitations arrived

Guest hydes79

Guest hydes79

Hello everyone,

I just received an interview invitation from University of Ottawa via e-mail:) . This is my second time applying, but the first time to get an interview. Good luck everyone.

Hydes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 24medgirl

Urgh! I hate waiting.

I don't even know if I'm IP or OOP. Mac sent me a letter stating they were considering me IP. I am hoping U of O will too - I've been living in Ontario full-time for two years and on and off for three years.

Let's keep our chins up!!! Hopefully "the e-mail" will appear soon!!!!!

Good luck.....

Guest hydes79

Thanks medottawau.

I have been living in Ontario for the past 4 years, but I'm not sure if I'm considered IP or OOP. However, I can tell you that I have applied to the english stream.

From my own experience I know that waiting sucks, but I think last year not everyone received the e-mail at the same time. Also, since it's only me who posted here, there must be more interview invites coming.

Good luck

Guest medottawau

Hello SherriONT, i got rejected last year (pre interview) and they send you a letter but not an email,

so we'll wait and see

P.s thanks hydes for the info

Guest MrsHouse

I'm glad to hear other people are still waiting for the e-mail too...I think I need to leave my house so I'll stop constantly checking for it!

Goodluck to all.

Guest medottawau

I won’t say that because as far as I know, usually they send the interview invites over 2 days or so, so if they we’re able to send all of the invite out today then they’ll send the rest on Monday

Guest Zuckman

Hey guys,

I just received my interview invite. I'm a U of Ottawa student and in province. I'm actually an 'in Ottawa applicant' since I've lived here forever. I checked this morning and nothing. I received it at 11:15 around. Guess they send them at several times in the day.

Zuckman

Guest pbasted2

I think the clock for the forum is on Pacific time, hence the 6 am interview notice. So can we agree they're sending the Ottawa area interviews first maybe?... hopefully that's all it is....

Guest circusgirl

The time zone on this forum doesn't correlate to my time zone, so I think I have to add 3 or so hours for EST/EDT? So they probably got their e-mail around 9:30, not 6:30 :)

Also, the e-mails are personalized (at least they were last year) with a pdf containing all your interview info. So manually sending 500 e-mails to different people will take quite a while! I know last year they were sent out over 2+ days. I don't remember if there was any sort of logic to the order that people received invites, or at least none that we could figure out!

Archived