Premed 101 Forums

McGill QY OT 2021

17 hours ago, aliOT said:

Hi guys! Just thought I’d make a forum to post updates on our applications for the QY OT Program at McGill! 
Has anyone’s application gone from submitted to in review yet?

Hi,

I did not make an application for OT, but I did for PT QY and my application still have the status submitted.

To put you in perspective, I was rejected last year March 25th at the pre-review.

Hi, I don't know if you're wondering for the b.sc in rehabilitation sciences or for the QY year?

If you're from Cegep, you can't apply to the QY.

For the QY, McGill says you'll have an answer between April-May (30 offers are sent)

Last year, I was refused March 25th. (I wasn't in the top100 files considering CASPer and my GPA)

1 hour ago, Rosipiu said:

i also have the status "ready for review"... do you guys know when to expect the answers for pt? some programs already started accepting like neurosciences

I'm not sure for PT but last year people started getting nominations end of april-beginning of may for OT. I had got put on the waitlist mid-june so it's kind of scattered! Hopefully we get our answers soon

11 hours ago, aliOT said:

I'm not sure for PT but last year people started getting nominations end of april-beginning of may for OT. I had got put on the waitlist mid-june so it's kind of scattered! Hopefully we get our answers soon

all right thank you! the waiting period is a slow excruciating process, hope you get your answers! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kudos to the nominees! :D

Does anyone know how much the wait list moves? I saw that some people were getting put on the wait list in June, which suggests that there is very much an evolving list from the first offers sent ~May 1. But is it just a handful of the ~30 offers or does it cycle through many more (10+)?

If anyone has any insight or experience with the wait list I'd be very curious!

On 5/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, notacliche said:

Kudos to the nominees! :D

Does anyone know how much the wait list moves? I saw that some people were getting put on the wait list in June, which suggests that there is very much an evolving list from the first offers sent ~May 1. But is it just a handful of the ~30 offers or does it cycle through many more (10+)?

If anyone has any insight or experience with the wait list I'd be very curious!

I would be very curious as well.  I was added to the waitlist for OT on May 6th.  

I know they were behind last year but I'm hoping that was an early add.

I asked them if they could tell me spot on the waitlist and they said they were not able to.  I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a sense of my odds.

20 hours ago, notacliche said:

Perhaps we can get a better idea of when the wait list might move by knowing the deadline(s) for offers already sent. 

@aliOT and @OTLae : did admissions give you any sort of deadline for accepting/declining? Congrats again!

Just hoping we won't be waiting in limbo all summer :)

Hey! Thanks so much :) Deadline to respond to offers of admission for us is June 1st! So that might give you a better idea for the timeline in terms of when you may hear back if you're on the waitlist.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I was placed on the Waitlist on May 6th, but haven't heard back yet. Do we know how many spots are on the waitlist? 

I don't think I am going to email them until the end of July, but I am very curious to know! 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...