Premed 101 Forums

Alberta Med scholarships, what are they, how do we apply, and where can I get more information?

4 hours ago, ma17 said:

I can't find any information from previous emails - will they be letting us know

I think you have to be offered admission to the faculty of Medicine and Dentistry to apply for the awards/scholarships. I tried through bear tracks and it says, "There are no available eligible scholarship competitions."

You will find out about scholarships and bursaries after you have been offered admission and accepted it. Speaking from personal experience, there are plenty of scholarships and bursaries available and mine covered tuition costs almost entirely. That being said, many of these awards are merit-based and they may also depend on your financial need, so they are by no means guaranteed to everyone.

Here's a list of scholarships you may be interested in.

• 2 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 1:54 PM, Weltschmerz said:

You will find out about scholarships and bursaries after you have been offered admission and accepted it. Speaking from personal experience, there are plenty of scholarships and bursaries available and mine covered tuition costs almost entirely. That being said, many of these awards are merit-based and they may also depend on your financial need, so they are by no means guaranteed to everyone.

Here's a list of scholarships you may be interested in.

Are you referring to the Professional Entrance & Transfer scholarships?