Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

On 4/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, OT_applicant said:

hey guys, i got rejected for ubc's OT program and im not too hopeful about U of T and Western. Do you guys think I have a chance?

My sGPA is 3.68 and competitive is 3.72 I believe. I got 4th quartile on the Casper test and have experiences working with children with autism spectrum disorder. I also work as a behavioural interventionist and have experience volunteering in the hemodialysis unit with patients. Overall, I think my written application was decently well done, however, I'm unsure about my GPA making the cutoff. 

I got into UofT OT last year with a 3.69 cGPA (I think, whichever one that was counted over the last 2 years) Don't lose hope! If your references and written statements are strong you still have a chance!

19 minutes ago, OTStudent2022 said:

Yup! I switched programs in my second year so I had a lot of the hard science courses in my third year which brought it down but I was surprised haha; but I did have strong references & I written statements 

who were your references and what kinds of experiences did you have?

1 hour ago, OT_applicant said:

who were your references and what kinds of experiences did you have?

I work in an acute care/LTC centre, I completed a Master's degree, and have family members that worked with OT's. My references were from my boss in acute care/LTC, my advisor from my Master's & another professor from my undergrad as well. 

If you are like me and have been checking this forum like it's the bible then you know the wait for UBC physio acceptance has been BRUTAL!

I have another guess based on last year's date. Last year acceptance emails came out on Wed the 14th for the 2021 crew. They had their interview on Friday too so using this logic, and the fact that "the middle of April" is slowly turning to the end of April, I bet we will get results next Wed the 13th! Acceptances will roll out first in early to mid-morning and rejection letters will probably come before 3pm. 

All the best everyone! 

1 minute ago, FUTUREPTSTDNT said:

If you are like me and have been checking this forum like it's the bible then you know the wait for UBC physio acceptance has been BRUTAL!

I have another guess based on last year's date. Last year acceptance emails came out on Wed the 14th for the 2021 crew. They had their interview a day after us so using this logic, and the fact that "the middle of April" is slowly turning to the end of April, I bet we will get results next Wed the 13th! Acceptances will roll out first in early to mid-morning and rejection letters will probably come before 3pm. 

All the best everyone! 

Also, I heard that the acceptances can sometimes be posted in your personal UBC Online Grad Portal up to three hours before you could get an email so don't stress if you don't get an email in the morning, it might be later in the day (some even got there's around 2pm) :) so keep an eye on your grad portal too! 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:54 PM, HarDaPT said:

hi everyone! I am a first year PT student at Uoft. Hit me up for any tips or advice on the application process! I also applied to the other schools in Ontario so if you have questions regarding their application process, ask away. 

Hi there, I was wondering if you had any advice on how to write the CAp exam for UofT, any advice, resources you found helpful and dos and donts you wish you knew before?

5 hours ago, otapplicant101 said:

For those who applied to Dal OT - it states on the FAQs page that we can't call Dal to find out our status before April 15th (which I'm hoping implies that we would hear from them by this Friday). But since its a holiday on Friday...do you think we'll hear by then? Or at least residents of the Atlantic provinces?

Hi! I graduated from Dal OT a couple years ago and was an Atlantic Canadian resident. My cohort started hearing about admissions around this time but it was only a handful of people to hear in that first round. Throughout April admissions kept rolling and towards the end of the month the Atlantic students got the waitlist notification. Not sure what the timeline was like for the non Atlantic Canadians. It doesn’t all come out at once so if you don’t hear soon don’t get too worried (easier said than done). I remember this being a very stressful time and wishing you all the best of luck!