Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

39 minutes ago, Health1996 said:

Hi! I graduated from Dal OT a couple years ago and was an Atlantic Canadian resident. My cohort started hearing about admissions around this time but it was only a handful of people to hear in that first round. Throughout April admissions kept rolling and towards the end of the month the Atlantic students got the waitlist notification. Not sure what the timeline was like for the non Atlantic Canadians. It doesn’t all come out at once so if you don’t hear soon don’t get too worried (easier said than done). I remember this being a very stressful time and wishing you all the best of luck! 

Hi!! Thank you so much for your response, that's really good information to know :) 

16 hours ago, Gigi for OT_21 said:

I am a current U of A MScOT and yes, last year the first round of offers came out on April 29th.  The second round came out on May 26. 

Also FYI, I was waitlisted--#17 at UBC and didn't get in.  I think about 14 on the waitlist were accepted.    I was in province. 

For UofA, what were your stats (gpa, casper, experience..) and did you get in first round or second? 

17 hours ago, Gigi for OT_21 said:

I am a current U of A MScOT and yes, last year the first round of offers came out on April 29th.  The second round came out on May 26. 

Also FYI, I was waitlisted--#17 at UBC and didn't get in.  I think about 14 on the waitlist were accepted.    I was in province. 

Hi! I'm also curious to hear your stats from last year for UBC and UofA, as for this cycle I'm #17 on the UBC waitlist! I'm in province for UBC, and waiting to hear from UofA. Thanks in advance :) 

20 minutes ago, Spyrothedragon said:

Hi! I'm also curious to hear your stats from last year for UBC and UofA, as for this cycle I'm #17 on the UBC waitlist! I'm in province for UBC, and waiting to hear from UofA. Thanks in advance :) 

also, if you don't hear back from U of A in first round, is the second round in May?

25 minutes ago, PT2022-- said:

did anyone use Physics 12 for ubcs MPT? in the email it says that we dont have to submit the official high school transcript, but in the login portal says to submit it.. kind of confused.. 

I was wondering the same thing... UBC email says not to, but on the login portal, it says to submit it. I'm guessing we don't need to because their email specifically says it's not required. However, I might email them shortly to confirm. 

1 minute ago, LetsbePT said:

I was wondering the same thing... UBC email says not to, but on the login portal, it says to submit it. I'm guessing we don't need to because their email specifically says it's not required. However, I might email them shortly to confirm. 

I applied and was accepted and I sent my high school transcript with physics 12. 

10 minutes ago, LetsbePT said:

Sounds good! I am going to be emailing them as well! Can you post it here if they do let you know? i will make a post here as well incase I hear first. 

6 hours ago, FuturePTOT said:

for those who got in. what were your GPAs

3.91 OOP (Ontario)
If anyone got into UBC MPT and also applied to Ontario programs... anyone know if they would allow you to get an extension on paying the program deposit since they want it by the 1st but we don't hear from ORPAS til the 13th?