Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

9 minutes ago, ot20222222 said:

Just wondering, did you get your waitlist notification today (may 7)? Wondering if they are sending out more offers as I heard of my waitlist last Tuesday! 

I actually got waitlisted May 2 - thought I included that in my original post lol my bad. Hoping you get some good news in the next few months!

38 minutes ago, OT-hopeful-BC said:

I actually got waitlisted May 2 - thought I included that in my original post lol my bad. Hoping you get some good news in the next few months!

No worries, I just realized I messed up my date too hahah I also was told I was top waitlisted!! Best of luck!! 

3 hours ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Hey everyone, in previous years I'm seeing a lot of people logged onto acorn for uoft OT prior to admission decisions. I haven't received any e-mail from them about a uoft ID for acorn, and nothing besides the campus preference survey. Anyone know anything about this?

I have recieved the survey, but nothing about acorn login

3 hours ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Hey everyone, in previous years I'm seeing a lot of people logged onto acorn for uoft OT prior to admission decisions. I haven't received any e-mail from them about a uoft ID for acorn, and nothing besides the campus preference survey. Anyone know anything about this?

I applied to UofT for undergrad so I had an account from then that I was able to log in with. I just checked and my acorn says invited to PT MSPT2 2022-2023! Is anyone else seeing this message??

18 minutes ago, PTtoBe22 said:

I applied to UofT for undergrad so I had an account from then that I was able to log in with. I just checked and my acorn says invited to PT MSPT2 2022-2023! Is anyone else seeing this message??

Hi! I’m also seeing this!!

OT MSOT2 2022-2023 Fall/Winter - Invited

What does this mean?! 

Last year's forum, some people had this too, they said it was some kind of a glitch to their system but they eventually received an acceptance email! Could this be a glitch too?? 

1 hour ago, OTletsgo said:

Hi! I’m also seeing this!!

OT MSOT2 2022-2023 Fall/Winter - Invited

What does this mean?! 

Last year's forum, some people had this too, they said it was some kind of a glitch to their system but they eventually received an acceptance email! Could this be a glitch too?? 

I had this last year and so did a few others - its not 100% but I'm almost certain you can start celebrating.. congrats!!!

1 hour ago, PTtoBe22 said:

Omg congrats!!! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your stats and your experience writing the CAP?

Been told by Kelly (Dal) that I'm in the top half of the waitlist (I'm out of province). Anyone have an idea of how many folks might be on the list ?

Congrats to all those who've been accepted so far and best of luck to the others on the 13 and after.

53 minutes ago, mrk88 said:

Been told by Kelly (Dal) that I'm in the top half of the waitlist (I'm out of province). Anyone have an idea of how many folks might be on the list ?

Congrats to all those who've been accepted so far and best of luck to the others on the 13 and after.

I haven't heard anything yet (IP). Did you send her an email or was it something you just received?

1 hour ago, 101PT said:

Omg congrats!!! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your stats and your experience writing the CAP?

Thanks! Hopefully it's a good sign!

My SGPA was 3.85 and I had a 4th quartile Casper. I've been working in a physiotherapy clinic and have other volunteer experience in hospitals and with persons with disabilities.

I thought there were definitely some tough, but fair questions on the CAP. I felt a bit rushed towards the end, but overall I was pretty happy with how it went.

Best of luck to everyone on Friday!!

On 5/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, ptttt2022 said:

Has anyone else not heard anything from uofa pt? 

check your u of a email! my interview invite only got sent to that email for some reason. If not I would definitely email Amy as they take a while to get back to you and can confirm if there was an error in sending out the email 

6 hours ago, PTtoBe22 said:

I also see this! And when you go into enrol it shows the courses that they have enrolled us in for the fall and winter. 

Has anyone heard of people getting into Queens’ or Western’s PT program with a 1st quartile CASPer score?? I feel that my GPA, experiences, and letters of reference are probably all mediocre, and with the low CASPer score I’m feeling like I’m probably going to be rejected. I really don’t understand how I could’ve gotten the 1st quartile because I was feeling pretty good about it after writing it. 

sGPA: 3.83

cGPA: 3.80

Experiences: shadowing experience with a physio at a private clinic, receptionist at a rehab clinic, TA for first year labs, mentor in an after school club for elementary school kids

References: from a thesis prof and the physio I shadowed 

CASPer: 1st quartile 

How do you guys have a UofT PT Acorn account?? I have an Acorn account but it was from applying to PA (undergrad portal) only this year, but no PT invite there... Wondering if/how the Acorn account I got this year from PA would even connect to my PT application. Also wondering if invites/courses won't show on Acorn either if the applicant is only finishing their degree this year (i.e., conditional offer). sGPA is 3.97