Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

17 minutes ago, QasinCucumber said:

How do you guys have a UofT PT Acorn account?? I have an Acorn account but it was from applying to PA (undergrad portal) only this year, but no PT invite there... Wondering if/how the Acorn account I got this year from PA would even connect to my PT application. Also wondering if invites/courses won't show on Acorn either if the applicant is only finishing their degree this year (i.e., conditional offer). sGPA is 3.97

I'm applying for OT, but I was able to retrieve my acorn user and password from my undergrad application. I never went to UofT but IT services gave me my user and password and I was able to log back in! I don't see any invite or enrolment for courses though, which probably means I either got waitlisted or rejected. Otherwise UofT hasn't sent out any log in info so dont worry!

8 hours ago, PTtoBe22 said:

I applied to UofT for undergrad so I had an account from then that I was able to log in with. I just checked and my acorn says invited to PT MSPT2 2022-2023! Is anyone else seeing this message??

I'm seeing this too! Really hoping this means what I think it means...oh my gosh nerves are at an all time high! 

8 hours ago, OTletsgo said:

Hi! I’m also seeing this!!

OT MSOT2 2022-2023 Fall/Winter - Invited

What does this mean?! 

Last year's forum, some people had this too, they said it was some kind of a glitch to their system but they eventually received an acceptance email! Could this be a glitch too?? 

Hey did you go to uoft for undergrad? Or did you just use your previous undergrad application login details?

7 hours ago, LeidentoDal said:

I haven't heard anything yet (IP). Did you send her an email or was it something you just received?

Gotten an update about my application (that I've been waitlisted) on April 29. My position/placement on the waitlist came from me asking Kelly about it.

51 minutes ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Anyone else get an email today from UWO OT signing off with "We look forward to informing you of our decision on Friday, May 13, 2022"... sounded a bit like false hope to me but I'm definitely just reading into it:(

Had the same feeling.... Im definitely reading too much into it :D   then again ...:blink:

16 hours ago, saskpt22 said:

same! im not sure what acorn is and how to login to it

If you applied to UofT for your undergrad you would have an ACORN account. Its just the site that has the courses your enrolled in, tuition, etc. If you don't have an acorn account its not a bad sign at all! It just means you arent in the UofT system from previous applications

23 hours ago, Physio4Life said:

I'm seeing this too! Really hoping this means what I think it means...oh my gosh nerves are at an all time high! 

Are you guys able to see courses or financial costs for that program? I heard people see that in the past 

23 hours ago, Physio4Life said:

For those who see “Invited” on ACOFN, Are you guys able to see courses or financial costs for the OT program as well? Or just invited? 

1 minute ago, Physio4Life said:

I applied to PT, but I don't have anything under the financial section on ACORN. Not sure if it would be different for OT.

Okay yeah thanks! So it just says “invited” and you can see the “attendance: full time” but no financial info or courses info right? 

21 hours ago, mrk88 said:

Gotten an update about my application (that I've been waitlisted) on April 29. My position/placement on the waitlist came from me asking Kelly about it.

Did it say “invited” on your ACORN before finding out about your waitlist?

20 hours ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Anyone else get an email today from UWO OT signing off with "We look forward to informing you of our decision on Friday, May 13, 2022"... sounded a bit like false hope to me but I'm definitely just reading into it:(

I did not!! I think the email sounds hopeful. What does the rest of the email contain?

1 hour ago, Othdhdj said:

Did it say “invited” on your ACORN before finding out about your waitlist?

I'm sorry but I don't know what ACORN is? I was emailed by Kelly directly (with an attached letter stating my application status). 

1 hour ago, OTOTnevrmuchluv said:

I did not!! I think the email sounds hopeful. What does the rest of the email contain?

It was an email reminder for your Western University Identity (requiring activation in order to log into the student center).