Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

Applied (OT): UBC, UofT, McMaster, Western, Queen's 

Accepted: UofT, Western, Queen's 

Rejected/Waitlisted: UBC, no word from McMaster :(

sGPA:3.86, cGPA: 3.69

CASPer score: 4th quartile 

If this helps at all, I'm a BC applicant lol. I think my interview skills needs a little brushing up haha (rejected at the schools that needed an interview)

Just now, HopefulOT11 said:

Waitlist offer means they have offered you a waitlist position. Waitlist accepted means you have accepted an offer of admission off of the waitlist .

I have the blue cube "waitlist accepted" despite not doing anything. Just gotten an email that Im on the waitlist... so confused

Applied (PT&OT): Queen's, Western, UofT

Accepted: UofT PT and OT, Western OT

Rejected/Waitlisted: Rejected Western PT, haven't heard from Queens for either program

GPA: sGPA-3.85

4th quartile Casper, CAP must have gone really well because I think I barely made the GPA cutoff for uoft PT. Congrats to everybody!!

Just wanted to let everyone know my stats and give hope for future applicants. I applied this year for OT at UBC, UofA, UofT, Western, Queens, and Mcmaster with an sgpa of 3.54 and cgpa of 3.44. I got rejected everywhere except for Western, Just confirmed my acceptance at western. I had a 4th quartile casper, but i was sure i wouldn't get in anywhere. Don't let GPA stats ruin your confidence! If this is truly what you want please keep trying, you got this. 

11 hours ago, PoggersPT said:

Applied (PT&OT): Queen's, Western, UofT

Accepted: UofT PT and OT, Western OT

Rejected/Waitlisted: Rejected Western PT, haven't heard from Queens for either program

GPA: sGPA-3.85

4th quartile Casper, CAP must have gone really well because I think I barely made the GPA cutoff for uoft PT. Congrats to everybody!!

Edited by PTPTPT

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT - Western, Queen's, UofT, McMaster
Accepted: Queen's, UofT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: McMaster, Western
GPA: sGPA - 3.87
CASPer: 4th quartile
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
I think my application was well rounded! I had experiences volunteering with seniors in long-term care centres, with clients with aphasia, in a physiotherapy clinic, with children in camps, and with adults with disabilities in a dance program. I was also involved in a lot of leadership activities during undergrad and completed a thesis project in an exercise related lab!

I am so so grateful for these acceptances!! I'm so happy the wait is finally over! Congratulations for all those that got accepted, and best wishes for those on the waitlist! Regardless of the outcome, you should all be so proud of yourselves. This application process is definitely not easy and you've accomplished so much!!

1 minute ago, mrk88 said:

I have the blue cube "waitlist accepted" despite not doing anything. Just gotten an email that Im on the waitlist... so confused

Sorry I had it backwards! It will say waitlist offer when they offer you a position off of the waitlist!! Sorry for the confusion 

15 minutes ago, PTPTPT said:

Nothing on ORPAS so far either - but you got a Mac rejection a few weeks ago?!

Yeah! Got an email a few weeks back saying I didn’t get in but that they are switching up their application process for next year for it to be more fair? 

34 minutes ago, ptapps22 said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): UBC, U of T, Mac, UWO, QU
Accepted: UBC, U of T, Mac, UWO, QU
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa 3.85 and s-gpa 3.91
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

Essays - Had over 1000 hours with chiros and kins, 500 hours working w/ seniors with heart disease + volunteered at a few clinics over the years so I had a lot to write about haha

Interviews - Felt really good about the Kira but the CAP was harder for sure

References - Academic ref was a prof who I co authored a qualitative study with and took a class with, Professional ref was one of the chiros I worked with

Prob gonna take U of T - if anyone makes a FB group post it here!! Thanks and good luck everyone

Congratulations!

1 minute ago, dib1141 said:

Yeah! Got an email a few weeks back saying I didn’t get in but that they are switching up their application process for next year for it to be more fair? 

Wow, I'm super curious what the email looked like! Did you do KIRA?

3 minutes ago, headoverheelsPT said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT - Western, Queen's, UofT, McMaster
Accepted: Queen's, UofT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: McMaster, Western
GPA: sGPA - 3.87
CASPer: 4th quartile
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
I think my application was well rounded! I had experiences volunteering with seniors in long-term care centres, with clients with aphasia, in a physiotherapy clinic, with children in camps, and with adults with disabilities in a dance program. I was also involved in a lot of leadership activities during undergrad and completed a thesis project in an exercise related lab!

I am so so grateful for these acceptances!! I'm so happy the wait is finally over! Congratulations for all those that got accepted, and best wishes for those on the waitlist! Regardless of the outcome, you should all be so proud of yourselves. This application process is definitely not easy and you've accomplished so much!!

did u get an email to let u know u were rejected from mac? 

Just now, ptpt22 said:

wait so you can see every other university's decision on ORPAS except mcmaster?

I dont see any decision. The waitlist for western came from their portal and email.... nothing for mcmaster (neither email or their portal). No updates whatsoever on orpas