Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers providing personnal email address

backinschool

Hi everyone. Several of my verifiers for McGill gave me their personnal email address (4 out of 5) instead or their professionnal ones. Some of them told me they might change jobs in the next months soon and it was the reason for it, but other don't have a professionnal email. I worked in a hospital microbiology lab and my direct supervisor who is a lab tech does not have one. I was discussing it with one friend who hires people for a healthcare agency and she told me this might look unprofessionnal. I wanted to ask the lab manager but she just started after the previous lab manager retired and I don't know her at all.

I was wondering what kind of email address did your verifiers provide and would love to get your opinions about personnal email address on the verifier list, if it looks unprofessionnal or it is ok.

Thank you so much!

8 hours ago, backinschool said:

Hi everyone. Several of my verifiers for McGill gave me their personnal email address (4 out of 5) instead or their professionnal ones. Some of them told me they might change jobs in the next months soon and it was the reason for it, but other don't have a professionnal email. I worked in a hospital microbiology lab and my direct supervisor who is a lab tech does not have one. I was discussing it with one friend who hires people for a healthcare agency and she told me this might look unprofessionnal. I wanted to ask the lab manager but she just started after the previous lab manager retired and I don't know her at all.

I was wondering what kind of email address did your verifiers provide and would love to get your opinions about personnal email address on the verifier list, if it looks unprofessionnal or it is ok.

Thank you so much!

Do not worry about it. They’re not verifying the professional appearance of your verifiers’ email address. They are verifying the veracity of the entry on your cv.

If, by corresponding via the personal email address provided, the adcom is able to do the latter with the verifier, then the personal email address provided will have perfectly fulfilled its role. (Assuming, of course, that the email address is reasonably appropriate ie doesn’t contain obscene language etc)