Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dentistry Interview Invites/Regrets 2022

• 1 month later...

I have a question for people who have applied to U of T more than once and ended up getting interviews/a spot.
Did you write new personal statements every time you applied?
I have not done anything differently since writing mine (my ECs are the same, and my personality is the same), and I have had people tell me not to fully change what I have written because it makes no sense/looks bad: no one changes that much in one calendar year. However, no one has told me whether or not it is a bad idea to just submit the same ones if I am happy with them... I did not do super well on the DAT (19AA 22RC 21PAT), and I placed in the 3rd quartile (50-74%) for Casper so I am 90% sure that those are what would be hurting my application.
Does anyone have any advice wrt the personal statements? Or would someone read mine/be willing to share theirs so that I can see if I am totally off the mark with mine?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally ready to share after basically crying for the last 2 years lol

Result: Rejected, not even an interview:( 

GPA: 3.3 including all years (yikes)

DAT: 20AA, 24 RC, 20 PAT (17 in chem - I think this was my problem along with gpa)

ABS: dental shadowing and volunteering, pre-dental society president, lots of other volunteering 

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am planning on applying next year, I was wondering how the calculation of gpa works from they include the semester of application also in the gpa calculation??? And do they consider the year of application if you get a high gpa on it?? And for the DAT can you do it the year before the application year I.e august 2023 when the application is in 2023 to 2024