Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dentistry Interview Invites/Regrets 2022

Decision: Invite :o

GPA: 3.91

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/22

Casper quartile: 2nd (which is why im more confused than happy that i got an invite)

IP/OOP: IP

Year of Study: 3rd year undergrad

I'm not the type to share my academic scores but because I did so poorly on the CASPer, I thought it'd be a great chance to give everyone faith!!! You don't need a perfect profile to succeed in this game

Decision: no interview :( 

GPA: best 2 years gpa is 84%  so 3.7 I think? my u of t gpa would’ve been much lower since they count summer courses so I kind of  knew it would be too low for them

DAT (AA/PAT): 20/20

Casper quartile: 50-74%

IP/OOP: IP

Year of Study: in 4th. 

EC: really strong in my opinion. I think my extracurriculars make up for my lower marks but I know u of t values grades more haha 

Decision: Invite

GPA: 3:95

DAT (AA/PAT): 20/23

Casper quartile: 2nd

IP/OOP: IP

year of study: 4th

I’m not one to typically post my stats either but I figured since I didn’t do so hot on the Casper and still got an invite this might give hope to others applying in the future

does anyone know how western looks at fifth year if I took the fifth year to do a minor? I tried contacting them, but they copy pasted exactly what's on their website. I am currently doing my fifth year to complete a minor which is the reason why I have all second year courses. Has anyone seen similar situation happening?