Premed 101 Forums

McGill PT QY 2022

Hi!

Just wanted to start a thread specific to applicants to McGill's PT QY since fewer people seem to apply there and they have some unique requirements. I'm wondering if there'll be even fewer applicants this year due to the new French requirement?

Also curious about the grades and CVs of successful applicants in the past if anyone comes by this thread :)

I'm not sure exactly what my GPA will be because they say they take repeated courses on a case-by-case basis, and I'm not sure if they count internship courses. I think it'll be between 3.35-3.56/4.00, which I know isn't great - I'm not too optimistic but thought maybe the French requirement will help me out this year!

Hey, I'm applying as well! Although your cGPA is on the lower end, you did do well on the Casper and McGill places a lot of emphasis on Casper I believe. My friend applied one year with a 3.86 cGPA and got rejected and then the next year he applied with a 3.72 and got in (this was all before the French requirement). I applied last year with around a 3.80 GPA and was not in the top 100, probably because I suck ass at the Casper. But I don't think the French requirement has made the program easier to get into unfortunately.

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2022 at 7:39 PM, PhysioSam said:

The program is really hard to get in.

I had a cGPA of 3.77. I was waitlisted and didn't get an offer. My Casper was very good.

I was admitted at Université de Sherbrooke in PT.

Good luck to all of you.

damn when was this? and when did u get your waitlisted letter!

31 minutes ago, PTPTPT said:

@takemal@MMPT@Futurdentiste2021@bio_con Oh wow happy to see some other applicants :) What’s everyone’s GPA and do you know the GPA of those accepted @takemal? :) 

no clue about their gpa just saw them post it on facebook. i feel like we are a lot on waitlist compared to earlier years!!  i also have friends who didnt get an answer yet soo idk what it means. i guess we gon be thinking abt it all summer

9 hours ago, takemal said:

no clue about their gpa just saw them post it on facebook. i feel like we are a lot on waitlist compared to earlier years!!  i also have friends who didnt get an answer yet soo idk what it means. i guess we gon be thinking abt it all summer

That is exactly what I thought. I read about previous years and it seems like no one got a rejection this year. Previously people were getting emails saying that they were not in the top 100. I feel like this year is different. About people who have not heard yet maybe they accept/waitlist people in waives? I know in previous year some people were waitlisted in May and others much later. I am not sure if that means people waitlisted now have better chance... It's just a bit confusing, we will have to see probably after ontario schools release their acceptance to see any move on the waitlist I guess... 

1 hour ago, MMPT said:

That is exactly what I thought. I read about previous years and it seems like no one got a rejection this year. Previously people were getting emails saying that they were not in the top 100. I feel like this year is different. About people who have not heard yet maybe they accept/waitlist people in waives? I know in previous year some people were waitlisted in May and others much later. I am not sure if that means people waitlisted now have better chance... It's just a bit confusing, we will have to see probably after ontario schools release their acceptance to see any move on the waitlist I guess... 

1 hour ago, MMPT said:

yeaaa idk its weird, im happy im not refused tho hahaha. I saw that too regarding last year but i remember rewsing that people got waitlisted later and got accepted earlier than people who were waitlisted earlier. So at this point im rly not sure… It is very confusing indeed!! But are u sure no one got rejected, before making it to the top 100? i read the pdf they have, and it said people in the top 100 might be accepted, waitlisted and also refused so i dont think everyone in the top 100 gets waitlisted who didnt get accepted (65 people) 

5 minutes ago, takemal said:

yeaaa idk its weird, im happy im not refused tho hahaha. I saw that too regarding last year but i remember rewsing that people got waitlisted later and got accepted earlier than people who were waitlisted earlier. So at this point im rly not sure… It is very confusing indeed!! But are u sure no one got rejected, before making it to the top 100? i read the pdf they have, and it said people in the top 100 might be accepted, waitlisted and also refused so i dont think everyone in the top 100 gets waitlisted who didnt get accepted (65 people) 

I see! yeah no I'm not really sure that no one got rejected, I just have not seen anyone post that they were rejected so I thought that maybe no rejection. I just assume that maybe this year they changed it.. I guess will have to see later this summer how things move along...

14 minutes ago, MMPT said:

I see! yeah no I'm not really sure that no one got rejected, I just have not seen anyone post that they were rejected so I thought that maybe no rejection. I just assume that maybe this year they changed it.. I guess will have to see later this summer how things move along...

yeaa haahha best we can do now is just pray and forget abt it and see how things goes or else we’ll be checking our emails everyday. Hope we get in bro

On 5/4/2022 at 8:47 PM, Let_Me_in said:

I know it's stressful, but don't lose hope! In the same year I know 2 people who got accepted off the waitlist less than a week before the semester started! So there's always a chance!!!

wow! glad to hear that!! gives us a source of hope! :) Can people still be accepted off the waitlist before august?

• PTPTPT changed the title to McGill PT QY 2022