Premed 101 Forums

Different programs, different Caspers?

Hi all,

I used a novel Casper strategy where I did the test in both English and French with the goal of sending the better one (after receiving quartiles/reflecting on my answers) to med programs. To do so,I had to select a 'burner' program to which I would send my English Casper and I chose Mcgill physio (no intention of going or even applying). I did the same with another program for the French test. In the end, I did much better in French than in English and was planning to send the French one to med p.

However, I just opened my med p minerva (late, I know) to see that they already have my English Casper results despite me never sharing them with this program (only physio). Does this mean I'm forced to use my terrible English Casper for all Mcgill programs even if I just distributed it to physio? Or will the result correct when/if I distribute my French result to med p on the altus website?

Many thanks,

NervousStudent

image.png

4 hours ago, NervousStudent said:

Hi all,

I used a novel Casper strategy where I did the test in both English and French with the goal of sending the better one (after receiving quartiles/reflecting on my answers) to med programs. To do so,I had to select a 'burner' program to which I would send my English Casper and I chose Mcgill physio (no intention of going or even applying). I did the same with another program for the French test. In the end, I did much better in French than in English and was planning to send the French one to med p.

However, I just opened my med p minerva (late, I know) to see that they already have my English Casper results despite me never sharing them with this program (only physio). Does this mean I'm forced to use my terrible English Casper for all Mcgill programs even if I just distributed it to physio? Or will the result correct when/if I distribute my French result to med p on the altus website?

Many thanks,

NervousStudent

image.png

The results for your casper in your minerva pertain to "MD/DEN/PT-OT"; so there's no need to jump to the conclusion that the admin reviewing your MED P application will see the English casper score necessarily, provided you didn't distribute the English casper to the med p program; only to PT.

Have you added McGill med p to the French casper distribution list? This would be key obviously. If you've already added McGill med p to the English casper distribution list but not yet the French, I'm not sure there's any going back.

However, if you've only added PT (and not med p) to the English casper distribution list, and you've added med p to the French casper distribution list, I think you should be fine. You could follow up by contacting altus and/or McGill to confirm.

17 hours ago, MDee2B said:

The results for your casper in your minerva pertain to "MD/DEN/PT-OT"; so there's no need to jump to the conclusion that the admin reviewing your MED P application will see the English casper score necessarily, provided you didn't distribute the English casper to the med p program; only to PT.

Have you added McGill med p to the French casper distribution list? This would be key obviously. If you've already added McGill med p to the English casper distribution list but not yet the French, I'm not sure there's any going back.

However, if you've only added PT (and not med p) to the English casper distribution list, and you've added med p to the French casper distribution list, I think you should be fine. You could follow up by contacting altus and/or McGill to confirm.

I unfortunately have added my French Casper to my Altus distribution list for med p but not the English one. My Minerva still says that they've received the English one only... Thanks for your help, but I think I just need to cross my fingers that Minerva is wrong and will readjust soon to the French test or that this mishap won't matter too much because Casper doesn't count post-interview...