Premed 101 Forums

The IP applicant criteria for UofC are crystal clear....yes?

To me, the official statement in the UofC Admissions Manual re: what constitutes IP vs. OOP applicants is _crystal clear_ :

"Applicants will be considered Albertans if they meet one of the following criteria:

1. Have been physically present in Alberta[1] on a day-to-day basis for 24 consecutive months at some point between their 15th birthday and the first day of classes (of the year for which they are applying).

I meet this criteria, as I've lived permanently in Alberta for nearly 6 consecutive years, attending university and then working in various parts of the province.  I continue to have roots and multiple ties to Alberta (both professionally & personally). All of my personal banking is through a branch in Calgary, I maintain a mailing address in Calgary, etc. etc.

Even if my most recent province of residence/employment is Ontario, it shouldn't negate the fact that I meet and exceed the stated IP criteria......right? 

• HollyS changed the title to The IP applicant criteria for UofC are crystal clear....yes?