Premed 101 Forums

CPA Accountant to Med/Dent in Quebec (Advice)

Hello all.

I’m a CPA in QC, and have been practicing at a big firm for about 7 years. I've realized I’m less passionate about accounting and am looking for a career change into medicine and applying to MED/DENT in Quebec (both English and French schools).

I never studied science in Cegep or Uni.

What would be the best path to make this possible?

My assumption is that I would have to take prerequisites (Calculus, General Bio and Chem or Psychics) at either Cegep or Uni as a mature student and than apply for a Bachelor of Science and hopefully be able to transfer some of my previous bachelor of commerce credits to that program. I’d apply to schools once for medicine after that.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience as a mature student, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

You don’t need a bachelor of science degree to apply to medicine. An undergraduate degree in any field is welcome.

In addition to a completed undergrad, you’re going to have to complete the necessary prerequisite science courses to be eligible. You can do these courses while working and there are options to complete these via distance education.

You don’t necessarily need to do another undergrad, assuming the gpa from your first degree is competitive (~3.8 and up).

Good luck!