Premed 101 Forums

CPSO Registration: Admitting to anti-depressant use

I'm about to enter residency and the dreaded "Do you currently have any medical condition that affects or could affect your ability to practice medicine?" and "Have you ever had any medical condition that has affected or could affect your ability to practice medicine?" require answering. I was diagnosed with MDD early in med school and have been on an anti-depressant since. I have been stable and it has not affected my studies. 

I've heard that the CPSO makes life very difficult for physicians in cases like mine. Do I still have to report yes to the above questions? What's the process like?

Here's a really good discussion on this topic: https://forums.premed101.com/topic/100820-medical-student-with-mental-illness/

On 8/14/2018 at 9:51 PM, LittleDaisy said:

As I said previously, you do have to disclose your mental health condition to CPSO legally. I know quite a few people in the same situation, they are quite stable, beside going to see their psychiatrist or GP for annual assessment, they don't have any issues with licensing. 

• 11 months later...