Premed 101 Forums

Inscription as an OOP applicant (Quebec)

Hi, I was wondering if someone went through the process of admission to the French/Eng stream while starting their second year of uni. 

I completed Cegep, and as stated bellow, uOttawa counts it as 1 year of post secondary studies.

Thus, my first year of uni would count as my 2nd year of postsecondary studies. In that case, I should be able to apply at the beginning of my 2nd year of uni ( 3rd yr post secondary studies ).

image.png.216c55dd0fc1b92517e5a4d1aeb5dfec.png

My first problem lays here : my bachelor is a 3 year program so I should be done on 2024/06. When I try to enter it, this message pops out ... Should I put today's date, since I technically attended my bachelor until today ? 

image.png.8ae173cc26e41d6b0541e797496852a8.png

Second problem : how did you guys get to transmit your transcript from CEGEP to the OMSAS ? 

Thank you ! 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:01 PM, OptoGoal said:

Hi, I was wondering if someone went through the process of admission to the French/Eng stream while starting their second year of uni. 

I completed Cegep, and as stated bellow, uOttawa counts it as 1 year of post secondary studies.

Thus, my first year of uni would count as my 2nd year of postsecondary studies. In that case, I should be able to apply at the beginning of my 2nd year of uni ( 3rd yr post secondary studies ).

image.png.216c55dd0fc1b92517e5a4d1aeb5dfec.png

My first problem lays here : my bachelor is a 3 year program so I should be done on 2024/06. When I try to enter it, this message pops out ... Should I put today's date, since I technically attended my bachelor until today ? 

image.png.8ae173cc26e41d6b0541e797496852a8.png

Second problem : how did you guys get to transmit your transcript from CEGEP to the OMSAS ? 

Thank you ! 

Hi :)

I have a solution for your second problem : I had to ask the CEGEP directly to send my transcript to the medschool I was applying.