Premed 101 Forums

FmProc Insights

I just wrote it last week and there is no way to prepare for it and there is also no need to prepare for it. there is ample time to answer all the questions and there are 2 types of question formats. for each "station" you're given some sort of clinical scenario and need to consider the actions you could take in the role of a family med resident. in my opinion, they are all plausible and realistic scenarios that you will 100% have seen, experienced, or heard about in your own clinical rotations. so basically, clerkship has been the prep for it. 

format 1: you're given a possible way you could respond to the scenario, and you need to rank it from scale of very appropriate to very inappropriate. 

format 2: you're given a list of actions and need to rank them against each other from most to least appropriate. 

you get an hour to do the test and I finished in 25 minutes; others I've talked to finished with lots of time left too. they don't let you go back and honestly, it's a very intuitive and straightforward test to take. When you're in a good headspace and have the mental capacity to take it, I suggest you get it done with sooner rather than later, one less thing on your mind that way! All the best!

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 9:56 AM, dragoncat said:

I just wrote it last week and there is no way to prepare for it and there is also no need to prepare for it. there is ample time to answer all the questions and there are 2 types of question formats. for each "station" you're given some sort of clinical scenario and need to consider the actions you could take in the role of a family med resident. in my opinion, they are all plausible and realistic scenarios that you will 100% have seen, experienced, or heard about in your own clinical rotations. so basically, clerkship has been the prep for it. 

format 1: you're given a possible way you could respond to the scenario, and you need to rank it from scale of very appropriate to very inappropriate. 

format 2: you're given a list of actions and need to rank them against each other from most to least appropriate. 

you get an hour to do the test and I finished in 25 minutes; others I've talked to finished with lots of time left too. they don't let you go back and honestly, it's a very intuitive and straightforward test to take. When you're in a good headspace and have the mental capacity to take it, I suggest you get it done with sooner rather than later, one less thing on your mind that way! All the best!

dragon cat what did you get without preparing for it? My friends told me they got terrible scores without preparation , while those who took courses did very well

3 hours ago, googa said:

dragon cat what did you get without preparing for it? My friends told me they got terrible scores without preparation , while those who took courses did very well

1 hour ago, Premed4655 said:

Did absolutely no prep and breezed through the test and achieved 4th quartile. Don’t overthink the questions. 

I had the same experience, the most I did for prep was look at their FAQ document because it had a sample question for each of the format types just so I was familiar with the type of clinical scenarios they might ask. Otherwise I just went for it and did well, also got 4th quartile. I didn't even know there were courses available to take for this sort of thing lol.

I kind of wish we could know what the total/max score is because I'd like to know a bit beyond just "4th quartile", but alas.

2 hours ago, short_stack said:

I had the same experience, the most I did for prep was look at their FAQ document because it had a sample question for each of the format types just so I was familiar with the type of clinical scenarios they might ask. Otherwise I just went for it and did well, also got 4th quartile. I didn't even know there were courses available to take for this sort of thing lol.

I kind of wish we could know what the total/max score is because I'd like to know a bit beyond just "4th quartile", but alas.

Highest score based on mentioned deviation should be around 539