Premed 101 Forums

CV length

McMaster's Internal Medicine program in Waterloo was one of a few programs that listed their cv length recommendations - they suggested to aim for less than 4-5 pages in total "Education, Electives, Research, Leadership, Awards, Teaching, Advocacy - aim for less than 4-5 pages". I would say more than 5 pages is probably a bit too long but in my opinion, 4-5 pages can be reasonably concise.

@famapp,  I think programs do expect to see some information on extracurriculars, volunteering, teaching, leadership, advocacy, awards, hobbies/interests etc., on your CV. I feel this could be done concisely in 1-2 pages. You may not need to spend as much space on describing your electives, I mostly listed them with rarely couple bullet points, concisely in about half a page. you may have research focus than myself, but I needed about a page to page and a half in total for references for my research/pubs and list/describe some of my research roles. I would consider asking any mentors/residents to review your CV to see where you can make it more concise for CaRMS, keeping in mind CV's are all highly personalized/individualized to your experiences.

• 3 weeks later...