Premed 101 Forums

Invite/regret MDCM (this is not MED-P) 2023

cc11

Decision Code What it means
01 - Admitted You have been offered admission to the program specified.
02 - Admitted with Condition You have been conditionally accepted to the program specified. The conditions will be indicated in your letter of acceptance.
11 - Refused - ltd space available While your overall record (and interview, where applicable) meets our requirements, due to the large number of applicants, the extremely competitive nature of our programs, and space limitations, we are unable to offer you admission.
13 - Refused - missing prerequisite You have not been admitted as you are missing prerequisites for your specified program. See your decision letter for further details.
14 - Refused - ineligible You have not been admitted as you are ineligible for admission based on the academic background shown in the information received.
18 - Refused You have not been admitted. See your decision letter for futher details or contact the appropriate Admissions Office.
30 - Reviewed - Decision Pending Waitlisted for interview.
31 - Further Review Required Invitation for an interview, Minerva checklist has been updated.
32 - Waiting List You have been placed on a Waiting List for the specified program. In order to ensure further consideration of your file, please confirm your intention to remain on the Waiting List.
50 - Cancelled by Applicant Your application for the program specified has been cancelled at your request.
51 - Cancelled by University Your application for the program specified has been cancelled as your application was incomplete after the deadline had passed or was submitted after the application deadline.
63 - Deferral Request Under Review Your request to defer your registration until a later term has been received.  A decision will be made shortly.
65 - Offer Withdrawn after deadline The offer of admissions for this program has been withdrawn as you did not accept the offer by the deadline.

TIME STAMP: 11:51
Result: Invite
degreeGPA: 4.27/4.30 (In the excel sheet: 3.99)
MCAT: N/A
ECs: Various volunteering at some hospitals for the last few years and in student societies, research as part of my BSc, as well as NSERC and involvement in some COVID-19 research at the hospital.

Year: Graduated, doing graduate program now

CASPER Quartile:  4th English

IP/OOP/International: IP

Letter of EC: No

3 minutes ago, Mitochondria-med said:

Didn't know there was a reaction limit :( Anyways, congratulations everyone on those invites! Still on "ready for review", might be responsible for making minerva crash due to the number of times I'm refreshing the page:lol:

So annoying, I'm going to like all the comments tomorrow. Why is it so long before getting an answer? Hope it'll be a good one. I have all my fingers crossed for you

Posting this to bring hope to all with lower GPAs

TIME STAMP: 11:00 
degreeGPA: 3.81 with exclusion of winter 2020
MCAT: Nope
ECs: various work experience in clinical laboratories, one year of research experience during undergrad, long-term volunteering commitments, leadership positions in student associations
Year: Final year masters degree 

CASPER Quartile:  3rd English   

QC residency Verified or not: nothing official

•  

2 minutes ago, Cc22cc5 said:

Posting this to bring hope to all with lower GPAs

TIME STAMP: 11:00 
degreeGPA: 3.81 with exclusion of winter 2020
ECs: various work experience in clinical laboratories, one year of research experience during undergrad, long-term volunteering commitments, leadership positions in student associations
Year: Final year masters degree 

CASPER Quartile:  3rd English   

QC residency Verified or not: nothing official

•  

OMG YESSSSSSS. Thanks for this I was loosing hope. Can I PM you?

TIME STAMP: ~12:04
Result: Invite  (Further Review Required)
degreeGPA:  3.92 / 4.00
MCAT: NA
ECs: primary caregiver to my late father, long term employment as scientist in industry, completed Masters.

Year: 2nd year of 2nd undergrad 

CASPER Quartile:  3rd quartile ENG             

QC residency Verified or not:  IP (born in quebec, nothing on minerva though?)

2022 Ranking: 315 with 3.9/4 and 2nd quartile casper.

does anyone know when they send your rankings through email?

Also here are my results: 

TIME STAMP: 8:30 am 

Result: Refused 

degreeGPA: 3.94/4.00 (4.11/4.30) (at the time I applied)

ECs: Long term work experience always worked 20+ hours/week while maintaining 5+ classes a semester, VP of dental and medicine clubs at my university for 3 years, academic tutoring, volunteered at homeless shelters for 2+ years etc, research volunteer for 2+ years... I feel like I had a good balance in all facets of the CV and most of my entries were activities I was involved in for 2+ years. 

Year: Final year UG (3rd year)

CASPER Quartile:  4th Quartile English   

QC residency Verified or not: Yes 

Honestly don't really know where I went wrong. I feel like the casper went very well, my gpa is above average in respect to previous cycles and my CV in my opinion is pretty well rounded and yielded many experiences that were centered around canmeds roles. I also lack dental and medical shadowing thus this may be a factor. What are your opinions? Also congrats to those who got interviews!

TIME STAMP: 12:34
Result: Invite (!!!!!!!) :wub:
degreeGPA: 4.10/4.33 (3.98 on McGill scale)
MCAT: not applicable
ECs: President of student association, various implications, volunteering, research grants, etc.
Year: 3rd year biomedical sciences

CASPER Quartile: 4th French                  

QC residency Verified or not: Not verified

IP/OOP/International: IP (Quebec)

2022 Ranking: Not applicable

Can't believe this. I really had no expectations for McGill, and I'm really grateful just to even be considered for an interview here. 

TIME STAMP: 08:50
degreeGPA: 4.21/4.33 (3.98 on McGill scale)
ECs: Bourse de recherche pour stage, beaucoup de présentations d’affiches scientifiques, brevet en cours, travail en laboratoire, activités sportives. 
Year: 3rd year microbiology

CASPER Quartile:3rd French                  

QC residency Verified or not: not applicable

Letter of EC: No

TIME STAMP: 12pm
degreeGPA: 4.0/4.0 on McGill scale
ECs: Some volunteering, lots of research and grants, summer work with special needs kids… 
Year: 3rd year biomedical sciences UdeM

CASPER Quartile: 4th French                  

QC residency Verified or not: Not verified