Premed 101 Forums

Does it mean anything if your interviewer says "hope to see you around" or "hope you choose us" at the end

I wouldn't worry about it. They are trying to impress us too and want to make a good impression on all candidates. If you have people who don't say this, I dont think it has any bearing at all on how they will rank you. Also for any large program such a family med, there is zero chance that each candidate meets the same interviewer. They only interview a handful of candidates and have no idea how the ones they dont interview are doing, which means that them saying something like, We hope to see you soon, means nothing good or bad, just them being nice.

I would say no. I agree with the other poster that it's just a nice way of their wanting to make a good impression on us too. If the interviewer truly "breaks frame" like "I wanted to tell you that you did incredibly well and I think you will get whatever spot you want" that's different. Anyway, it should not impact your ranking.