Premed 101 Forums

Doctors in Atlantic Canada will soon be able to work in any of the 4 provinces

There is a push to get a pan Canadian national licensure, which would be helpful to allow workers to work in multiple provinces, eliminating some of the red tape. But for now, the provinces are trying to go regional. 

It is definitely a good thing but I also think its mostly for future pandemics or the case where a physician wants to locum out of province, I don't think its really that relevant for most physicians right now. 

1 hour ago, Edict said:

There is a push to get a pan Canadian national licensure, which would be helpful to allow workers to work in multiple provinces, eliminating some of the red tape. But for now, the provinces are trying to go regional. 

It is definitely a good thing but I also think its mostly for future pandemics or the case where a physician wants to locum out of province, I don't think its really that relevant for most physicians right now. 

It could also potentially be a game-changer for virtual work, as currently I believe at least in Ontario both the provider and patient have to be physically within Ontario to bill. This may increase opportunity for things like counseling, teleradiology, etc.