Premed 101 Forums

LMCC exam

Hello,

For those taking their LMCC exam from home (ie not in a testing center), how has your experience been?

Also, are we only allowed to take pee breaks during predetermined moments during the exam or are we able to go while the exam is running?

Last thing, I purchased MCQ Q banks for mccqe part 1 off q banks. What do you guys recommend purchasing to prepare for the rest of the exam (CDM portion). 

thanks

I took mine approximately 1.5 years ago remotely. I had a largely smooth experience. The software crashed soon after I started the CDM portion. I reached out to the technical team and I was able to restart the exam from where I left off within 10 minutes. If I remember correctly, you get an hour and you get to use it however you'd like throughout the examination. I could be wrong though. I just used it between the two sections.

Really critical that you have a reliable and super fast internet connection at home. Mine is 500mbps download speed.

In terms of preparation, the only thing I did was the entirety of Canadian Q bank's easy and medium difficulty questions. That was more than sufficient to pass. I don't think I tried their CDM cases though. I didn't purchase the official MCCQE sample exams but heard they are good if you'd like extra practice. My final score was 280+.