Premed 101 Forums

Non Trad / OOP / Bare Minimum Gpa

Hola friends, 

I hope it's ok that I created a new Topic, if it isn't please let me know where to post. 

As the title says, 31, did a science undergrad, took a few years off for immigration purposes / life. 
Im rewriting this year, and CARS is my strong suit so a friend suggest Mac, which I did not even think I remotely had a shot. 
Well technically don't know if I do, hence this post. 

Is there any point to hope? 

OOP / GPA 3.06 

CARS sitting around a 129, I think I can up that to a 131

Casper and Interview are my strong suits, I think I can be in the 90th percentile in both of them. 

IF all goes to plan, do I have a shot at Mac, or any other ON schools? 

Im from MB, and gonna apply to UofM as IP. 

Thank you for any feedback you may have, and please don't hold back any metaphorical punches. 

Hello, 

For McMaster's interview invite, the following components are weighted equally so GPA make up for almost 1/3 of your score.

32% Undergraduate GPA
32% MCAT CARS
32% Casper 
Up to 4% Graduate degree bonus (1% Master’s/4% Ph.D.)

Additionally, they also reserve 90% of the interview spots for in-province applicants (https://ugme.healthsci.mcmaster.ca/admissions/admission-decisions/).

Considering these two factors, I would say that the chances of getting an interview are slim. 

You can also look refer to the admission statistics from previous years on their website. Only a handful of students with GPA around 3 made it but however we don't know if they belong to the Canadian armed forces, Indigenous, or other categories. 

If 2 of your 4 undergraduate years have individual GPA of 3.7 and a full course load, you can look at Western.

Also, I am assuming that you calculated your GPA  of 3.02 on the OMSAS scale, if not you might want to do that.

Good Luck!