2 hours ago, hopefulOT2024 said:

Applied: (OT) McMaster, UofT, Western, Queens

Accepted: McMaster

Waitlisted: 

Rejected: UofT, Western, Queens

sGPA 3.69    cGPA 3.56

CASPer Quartile: 2nd

Perceived strength of essay/interviews/references

I have a lot of experiencing working in the rehabilitation field - with babies with down syndrome, adults with autism and brain injury recovery units. GPA is pretty low and my interview didn't go well so I didn't have much hope. But somehow got into McMaster which was my top choice! I spent hours looking at people's stats and comparing for the past year thinking I had no chance. So for anyone that is losing hope, don't give up on it!!!

Please let me know if there's a group chat for McMaster OT! (I am hoping to find roommates as I will be moving close to campus).

Also looking for a Mac OT gc... or maybe we can start it :cool:

Hello everyone,

Congrats to everyone that got an offer. It has been a long and brutal process.

Applied + (PT or OT?): Dal, Western, Queen (Both PT & OT)
Accepted: All 
GPA: 3.98/4.0 (last 2 terms), cGPA: 3.9/4.0

I will pick PT over OT (hopefully open up spot on waitlist for people) and I'm torn between Dal and Western. Both are good schools with good prospectives to them. Dal seems to cover a wider range of areas while Western is more focused. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendation or insight into these schools and programs. 

Thank you!

Hey all, 

I am accepting Western OT and was wondering if there was a groupchat started for those accepted yet! Trying to figure out housing options. Let me know if anyone wants to figure out housing together! (I am a female for reference) 

My stats:

sub gpa:3.83

fourth quartile casper 

19 hours ago, pt_di said:

Have you emailed them regarding not hearing anything about the admission decision for McMaster's OT? 

13 hours ago, BCapplicantOT said:

Has anyone STILL not heard from McMaster (OT)?! I’m so confused 

I received an email today at 9:16am letting me know that they (McMaster) are not able to let me know my position on the waitlist. Still no primary email letting me know that I’ve been placed on the waitlist, however I guess this confirms it

3 minutes ago, Gur27 said:

Does anyone know how many people have gotten off from Mac OT waitlist in previous years? 

The email I received says they sent “10 or more offers” from the waitlist “in past cycles”

I have a dumb question. 

What is c-gpa vs s-gpa? 

I just calculated my GPA based on my last 60 credits because that's how the U of A (my top choice) evaluates things. 

I have 2 undergrad degrees. My GPA was like....3.1 in my first degree. 2nd degree is 3.86, so obviously much better. 

Applied (all PT): UofA (IP), UofT, McMaster, Queen's, Western
Accepted: UofT, Western
Waitlisted: UofA, 
Rejected: Queens, McMaster
GPA: c-gpa: 3.80 | s-gpa: 3.86
CASPer Quartile: 4th
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references

I have been lurking on this forum for the past 2 years and I just wanted to share my experiences, as I know there's someone out there right now or in the future feeling lost and hopeless with the the system's applicant selection.

I honestly don't know how to feel about it. I'm an IP applicant from Alberta and was stressing for two weeks thinking that I thought my best chance of getting in would be my provincial school, but I'm happy to say that I was wrong lol. In those two weeks I was reading through the 2023 forum looking for a beacon of hope of someone who was in a similar boat as me, and found a few IP applicants who got waitlisted by their own province but got accepted by a different school. So if you're someone in the future looking for reassurance, I hope I can be that person for you! 

I felt better with how I answered my essays and interview questions this year. I felt like I was being more "myself" and gave "realistic" answers compared to last year where I answered the questions on what I thought the interviewer wanted to hear, hence sounding very robotic and rehearsed. With that said I really thought I did well on my U of A interview which made me overthink my CAP performance for the next 2 weeks with repeating cycles of "I think I did well and was able to showcase my strengths" to "why tf would I even say that I'm so stupid I wish I could take back what I said" every 30 minutes. It does feel like a lottery system at this point and I've seen a lot of people on this forum with high GPAs and hella EC's who didn't get in, but sometimes a little luck goes a long way unfortunately :((

With that said, I will be accepting my UofT offer which hopefully will help with the waitlist movement for Western :)

7 minutes ago, BCapplicantOT said:

I’ve now gotten two waitlist emails, but still no email confirming that I’m on the waitlist.

I’ve gotten email today confirming I’m on the waitlist. I wonder if they even rejected anyone who received Kira invite… 

1 hour ago, ot2.0 said:

I’ve gotten email today confirming I’m on the waitlist. I wonder if they even rejected anyone who received Kira invite… 

Hey, yes they did. I had a friend who didn't get an interview due to the gpa cutoff most likely.

Hey everyone!

Congrats on your acceptances and waitlists! This has been a long process and I know we would all be great candidates to work in healthcare. 

I was waitlisted for Mac OT and I had seen on previous forums that in the email they would give you an idea of where you are in the waitlist. I emailed them to see if they would give me any idea and they told me they weren’t able to. I received a waitlist email yesterday around 9AM one today at 1:30PM (?, maybe because I emailed them…) It seems to me that everyone I know who got invited for a Kira interview was put on the waitlist. Do you guys know whether everyone who got a Kira interview for mac was put on the waitlist? And what do you think the odds are of getting off the waitlist?

Thanks!

Was anyone else waitlisted for Queen's OT? I am curious about how big the waitlist is (or how fast it moves). They didn't give much information, and I am hoping a spot opens up for me. I'd appreciate any info anyone has from previous years or in general!

49 minutes ago, OTOT1234 said:

Was anyone else waitlisted for Queen's OT? I am curious about how big the waitlist is (or how fast it moves). They didn't give much information, and I am hoping a spot opens up for me. I'd appreciate any info anyone has from previous years or in general!

I am also on the Queen’s waitlist but I’ve heard their waitlist is generally pretty small 

Hey everyone! I am one of the co-presidents for Western OT student council for the 2024-2025 year, and just wanted to hop on here to say congratulations to everyone :) If anyone has any questions about Western OT specifically, please feel free to direct message us on this account, or on our instagram (@western_otsc). A Facebook group and group chat for the Western OT incoming class will be made once firm acceptances are made (e.g., after June 7th). 

5 hours ago, Louisana said:

Oop here. Received offer from U of A, Western and Queens. I received a waitlist email from U of T, but nothing shows on ORPAS. Does anyone know if this means anything? What is the general waitlist movement for U of T? 

i’m also waitlisted for UofT and nothing shows up on my ORPAS too. i was wondering the same thing about the movement - hope someone can give us some insight! 

22 hours ago, readytoOT said:

Hey all, 

I am accepting Western OT and was wondering if there was a groupchat started for those accepted yet! Trying to figure out housing options. Let me know if anyone wants to figure out housing together! (I am a female for reference) 

My stats:

sub gpa:3.83

fourth quartile casper 

I also got accepted to Western OT (I'm not sure if I'm going 100% as I'm waiting to see if I get accepted off the Mac waitlist) but I'd also love to know if there's a group chat! I'm trying to figure out a housing situation as well in the case that I end up going to western! (Also female)

Applied: (OT) McMaster, UofT, Western

Accepted: McMaster, UofT

Waitlisted: 

Rejected: Western

sGPA: 3.83  cGPA: 3.76 (4.0 gpa in grad school)

CASPer Quartile: 2Q

Perceived strength of essay/interviews/references

This was my first time applying, so I'm very fortunate to receive two offers. I have a master's degree, so I had strong recommendation letters for UofT. I also have several experiences during undergrad and grad school that can be translated to OT, which helped a lot in formulating my essay and preparing for my interview. I bombed my CASPer test, mainly because I was feeling very ill right before writing it. Pretty sure that's why Western rejected me; they definitely weigh CASPer heavily in their admissions. However, Western was my last choice so it doesn't really matter. I decided to accept my offer at Mac (my first choice), so that should open up another spot at UofT for someone on the waitlist :) 

Hi,

I got accepted into both U of T PT and Queens PT, if anyone has any insights into the programs (placement opportunities, leaning environment, class sizes, faculty, how often events are put on like intramurals or study groups) or anything that would help in this decision would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Applied : UBC, U of A, U of T, McMaster, Queens, Western (OT)
Accepted: U of T, Queens, Western
Waitlisted: U of A, McMaster
Rejected: UBC (interviewed)
GPA: c-gpa: 3:89 s-gpa:3:93
CASPer Quartile: 2nd
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: my interviews were not good but strong gpa and references definitely helped! Had a good amount of volunteering in a long term care facility and working with people with disabilities. I have lots of research experience as well. I was worried my Casper score would be an issue but luckily not!

I’m from BC so was hoping to stay in province but just excited to start in a program this fall! Still not 100% sure of where I will accept. I am leaning towards Queens because of some connections I have there but would love to hear about peoples experiences in each program (U of T downtown, Western, and Queens)! If anyone has some insight on what to expect in each place I would love to hear!