Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

I’m so sad, I had no idea the Casper deadline for UofT’s OT program was December 7th. It really wasn’t listed anywhere (except on Casper)! You’d think for their first year of adding it in they would have made that more clear :( hope this didn’t affect too many people

Hii all,

I hope the application cycle is going well so far!!
I’m looking for a partner to begin prep for the Kira Talent for MacPT. Would anyone be interested?! 
looking to do maybe 1-1.5 hr sessions each week, and we can determine a set schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to check if PT schools received Casper? I saw on the CASPER website that the results are delivered but I have no idea if it was received by the school or not. I tried to check in with the admission office for each school but often the emails are unanswered. 

Thank you

On 1/18/2024 at 7:18 PM, aspiring.peds.ot said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT- UBC, UofA, McMaster, Queens, Western, UofT 
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: c-gpa and s-gpa: 91.3% most recent senior level courses / 87.4% last 60 credits 
CASPer Quartile: 4th quartile 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

- Around 250 hours of work with children and teens with ASD and other disabilities. Volunteered in this position for 4 months before being promoted to a paid position. 

-3 months experience shadowing a pediatric occupational therapist

-3 months experience volunteering reading with kids with learning disabilities 

-Director on a course union at my university 

-I felt as though my personal statements were strong. I wrote about my work experiences and the experience of a family member who saw an OT and how that impacted them.

-3 strong letters of reference: 1 from my work, 2 from my university (but neither references were from professors that teach within my major)

Why 3 references though? I believe all schools required 2.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:43 PM, Aliannado said:

Anyone know how to check if PT schools received Casper? I saw on the CASPER website that the results are delivered but I have no idea if it was received by the school or not. I tried to check in with the admission office for each school but often the emails are unanswered. 

Thank you

For OT programs, they say on the website not to ask if scores have been received but if they are on the distribution list and results have been sent by casper, trust that they have been received by the schools as well! 

On 1/9/2024 at 8:57 PM, ItMe said:

Hii all,

I hope the application cycle is going well so far!!
I’m looking for a partner to begin prep for the Kira Talent for MacPT. Would anyone be interested?! 
looking to do maybe 1-1.5 hr sessions each week, and we can determine a set schedule.

Hi! I'd be interested

59 minutes ago, aspiring.peds.ot said:

What is the GPA cut off for applying?

Really depend on the schools. Check their requirement websites. Most schools will have a requirement of minimum gpa to apply at B+ so roughly 3.3 on a 4.0 gpa scale. However, the schools actual cut off for admission will be much much higher! 

So I've applied to PT at UofT, Mac and Western and I just checked my Sub GPA, I'm at 3.97. I've got over a thousand hours of PT and Non-PT exp. However, my CASPer was only 3rd Quartile. Are my chances still good for any of these universities? I'm applying to schools overseas as a backup, but my preference is definitely Ontario! any info would be awesome!