Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

On 2/19/2024 at 12:27 PM, twonatron said:

Hey everyone, I received my mmi interview for UBC MPT & looking to practise with fellow hopefuls :-) Let me know if you'd like to set something up!

happy to connect! I'm not preparing just yet (I probably should be), but am happy to find someone so I urge myself to start earlier!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get into McMaster PT without PT-specific experience? I have lots of leadership, research, and clinical experience that I can draw on during the interview and a strong s-GPA, but I'm just worried that my lack of experience will be a deal-breaker. 

4 hours ago, pthopefully said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get into McMaster PT without PT-specific experience? I have lots of leadership, research, and clinical experience that I can draw on during the interview and a strong s-GPA, but I'm just worried that my lack of experience will be a deal-breaker. 

I personally don't think it'll be an issue. McMaster has a very minimalistic approach for how they select students. It's just sGPA and the interview (which is very similar to a job interview). So they really don't have a way of knowing who has PT related experience or who doesn't.

On 2/22/2024 at 9:58 PM, PTtbd said:

I personally don't think it'll be an issue. McMaster has a very minimalistic approach for how they select students. It's just sGPA and the interview (which is very similar to a job interview). So they really don't have a way of knowing who has PT related experience or who doesn't.

agreed here. got into Mac pt without any specific experience. I was in the same boat as you. draw on your experiences and know how to tailor each to the question. KIRA is 99% on how to present yourself and talk. If you know how to talk and be personable you can get into MacPT

On 2/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Jkang said:

Im an OT applicant for UBC 2024 cycle, I got an interview last year but I didn't make it after that. 

Was wondering if anyone can give a few tips on how to prepare for the interview! Thanks!

heyy, if you dont mind sharing, can you give some insights as to what they asked you during your interview last year? :)

For those who got their interview invite for UBC PT, when was the last day to confirm attendance?

Last year it was on the 8am on February 20th but the interview date was March 3rd. This year, the interview date is the 8th.

Just trying to anticipate any potential movement on the waitlist, thanks!