Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

19 hours ago, Add said:

For Queen's did anyone receive an email saying that an applicant account had been created in their name? This is the only school I haven't received any communication from thus far.

i have not received anything either

On 2/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, otot123 said:

Any current UTM OT students who are able to talk about what the OT program is like there compared to St. George? Do you feel supported by the professors at sauga? Is the program organized there and are peer/faculty and peer/peer connections pretty solid?

Reposting this as campus preference surveys went out today for UofT :) Would really appreciate any insight.

I'm also interested if anyone has insight on the state of housing for Mac students.. is it hard to find an apartment out there?

3 hours ago, hopefulrehabpro said:

anyone receive the campus preference email form for UofT OT? Is this a form sent to all applicants, or only those considered?

I have but no student number, very confused on how to fill it out without a student number 

Did anyone get an offer from UBC MOT today? My friend just got one, but I haven't received an email yet which is leading me to believe I've been rejected :( In the past years it seems like they send offers out all at once. Not sure if it's different this year.

Just wanted to post here as I'm really shocked how early acceptance came (I was expecting something like mid-April to hear back from UBC), but I got in and I'm super stoked!!

Applied: UBC OT

Upper year average: 89%

Casper quartile: 4th

I thought I bombed the interview to be frank, but I had really strong references which I think helped. Happy to help anyone incoming with advice and good luck to everyone else waiting for results!! 

14 minutes ago, ubc_ot said:

Just wanted to post here as I'm really shocked how early acceptance came (I was expecting something like mid-April to hear back from UBC), but I got in and I'm super stoked!!

Applied: UBC OT

Upper year average: 89%

Casper quartile: 4th

I thought I bombed the interview to be frank, but I had really strong references which I think helped. Happy to help anyone incoming with advice and good luck to everyone else waiting for results!! 

Do you know of anyone else who has/hasn't gotten an offer yet? I haven't received an email so I think I've been rejected..

UBC MOT Acceptance at 11:30 this morning:) Have a friend who also applied and got accepted at this time, both Northern Cohort.

GPA: 89% upper-level

Casper: 3rd quartile 

Interviews I felt went very well and so did my friend:) Good luck everyone:)))

Hi guys! I was accepted into UBC OT this morning for the Vancouver cohort! 

GPA: 85% for upper levels 

Casper: 2nd quartile 

I applied last year with a 4th quartile score and did not get in! I was worried about my low casper score this year and I guess UBC does not put as much weight into the casper score during the decision process. My GPA is also the cut-off competitive GPA! Just putting these stats out there so that people are not discouraged my having a less than perfect GPA/ Casper score. 

1 hour ago, HopefulforOT2023 said:

Hi guys! I was accepted into UBC OT this morning for the Vancouver cohort! 

GPA: 85% for upper levels 

Casper: 2nd quartile 

I applied last year with a 4th quartile score and did not get in! I was worried about my low casper score this year and I guess UBC does not put as much weight into the casper score during the decision process. My GPA is also the cut-off competitive GPA! Just putting these stats out there so that people are not discouraged my having a less than perfect GPA/ Casper score. 

Hi! Just curious, are you in province or out of province?

1 hour ago, aspiring.peds.ot said:

Just curious if anyone elses acceptance email link isn't working to pay the deposit even after emailing back to confirm interest?

Same for me! I can't get through the link, I figured I'd email admin a week later just in case it sorts itself out. Glad to know it's not just me lol