Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

10 hours ago, letushavefun said:

I am pretty sure that UBC pt offers will come out Next Wednesday around 10 am.

Omg I hope it's sooner than that. What makes you think they're coming out next Wednesday?

Because they said mid to late on the ubc website, today is still mid of April, based on that, it won't come out today. I think that 22nd and 23rd aren't the definition of mid to late of April and they are always lazy, they won't send offers on Monday and Tuesday, so i believe that the day of offer is Wednesday 24th.

17 minutes ago, LSLX said:

Omg I hope it's sooner than that. What makes you think they're coming out next Wednesday?

The results come out on Wednesday each year and because UBC changed their timeline from mid April to mid to late April, we think it’s this Wednesday 

On 4/14/2024 at 10:54 AM, DGK said:

Based on my digging for admissions over the past couple of years. I am expecting to hear this coming week. It seems like this is the equivalent week in the calendar to when they have sent out admissions in the past. I have it in my head that I am expecting to hear back on the 17th for some reason. Good luck!

I have some friends that found out around this week last year as well but haven’t heard anything today. I think this is pretty late for UBC to normally send out offers for their MPT program 

9 hours ago, s9983 said:

Was told that webcams and microphones are not required to be on during the Cap. Is this correct?

yes, this is correct. However, I'm not sure  if you need your camera on for the Zoom meeting at 1:45 prior to the test

38 minutes ago, weareinthistogether said:

How did y’all feel about CAP? 

It's hard to know how to feel about it because there's a lot of uncertainty after completing it since your answers are compared to others. There's no way to know what others have written or what the reader will think of your experience.

I think as long as you coloured your competencies and kept the answer relating to the question then all you can do is feel proud about how you answered it. 

As of this moment, everyone deserves a deep breathe and to thank themselves for the work that they put into this application.

Hi friends :) I'm a current UofT PT student who was also accepted into UBC 

RE: UBC Admissions
- I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get admission emails tomorrow (UBC gave them on wednesday 19th last year).
- Successful admissions will be given first, followed by waitlisted applicants, then followed by rejections. 
--> I can't remember if they gave them out per hour (ie. 10am, 11am, 12pm respectively).. but there was definitely a significant time delay between the 3 categories
RE: CAP exam
 --> regarding the marking - there was a pretty defined rubric to follow to increase inter-rater reliability, and we all tried very hard to be as objective as possible!
Please don't be discouraged about how the exam went in your perception - there was clearly a lot of effort put into the responses, and as a student marker, I could see a lot of great ideas and insights within this application cycle cohort :)

Edited by pt12305
re-wording and retracting paragraph for redundancy reasons