Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

On 4/26/2024 at 4:32 PM, MPT-GAL said:

Hi everyone! I was just accepted to UBC MPT-V this morning! Was wondering if anyone who applied for housing received a housing offer along with their acceptance email? Super excited to meet y’all :)

Hey! Congrats! I was accepted to the same cohort, so excited to meet you! I received my housing offer a week and a half before my acceptance, if that helps at all! 

4 hours ago, hopefulphysioskittle said:

Hey! Congrats! I was accepted to the same cohort, so excited to meet you! I received my housing offer a week and a half before my acceptance, if that helps at all! 

Thanks for your reply! I reached out to mpt admissions and they informed me that I unfortunately did not get a housing offer :/ Thats interesting that they sent out offers before you even found out if you were accepted haha 

Hey all! I just discovered this forum. 

I applied to OT programs at U of M, U of A and Dalhousie. (I'm in Alberta.) I got waitlisted at Dalhousie. I know I was being considered for a U of M interview (because they emailed me to check my pre-reqs and apparently only people in the "competitive range for an interview" get contacted for the pre-reqs) but interviews are over and I haven't heard so....yeah. 

I'm hoping for U of A since I live in Edmonton anyway but honestly, I don't know. 

I have a 3.81 GPA and 4th quartile CASPER, plus I've worked for AHS for 10 years alongside OTs and PTs. I haven't done any direct care though so....not sure if they'll GAF about that experience. 

I'm also old, maybe they'll take pity on an old lady wanting to change her career ;) 

7 hours ago, thereluctantemu said:

I applied to OT programs at U of M, U of A and Dalhousie. (I'm in Alberta.) I got waitlisted at Dalhousie. I know I was being considered for a U of M interview (because they emailed me to check my pre-reqs and apparently only people in the "competitive range for an interview" get contacted for the pre-reqs) but interviews are over and I haven't heard so....yeah. 

I'm hoping for U of A since I live in Edmonton anyway but honestly, I don't know. 

I have a 3.81 GPA and 4th quartile CASPER, plus I've worked for AHS for 10 years alongside OTs and PTs. I haven't done any direct care though so....not sure if they'll GAF about that experience. 

I'm also old, maybe they'll take pity on an old lady wanting to change her career ;) 

Good Luck! :P

On 5/2/2024 at 4:26 AM, MPT-GAL said:

Thanks for your reply! I reached out to mpt admissions and they informed me that I unfortunately did not get a housing offer :/ Thats interesting that they sent out offers before you even found out if you were accepted haha 

I guess its a random lottery where there are no real rules. :confused:

11 hours ago, thereluctantemu said:

Rooting for you, good luck

1 hour ago, OTisamazing said:

Has anyone had movement in UofA OT applications? Or is everyone still at the pre-screening stage?

Their website says that they'll start sending out acceptances mid-May so I think it'll be around the same time as Ontario schools 

I got accepted to Dal Combined Program (MscPT and MscRR-PT) on April 30th. I'm an OOP applicant. Still waiting for schools from Ontario.

GPA: 3.9/4.0

Casper: 4th quartile

Experiences: lots of volunteer hours with aging people and chronic disease patients. 

I got waitlisted for UBC MPT :( we don’t get to know where on the list we are but approx 1/2 end up getting in. Has anyone been through this before? Is there a normal time frame that waitlisted people tend to get admission in? It’s been a week and I’ve heard nothing. I just want to be able to plan for September!

5 hours ago, saddleup09 said:

I got waitlisted for UBC MPT :( we don’t get to know where on the list we are but approx 1/2 end up getting in. Has anyone been through this before? Is there a normal time frame that waitlisted people tend to get admission in? It’s been a week and I’ve heard nothing. I just want to be able to plan for September!

After May 19th (deadline to accept offer) there will probably be some movement. I'm personally waiting to hear back from another program before accepting my spot.