Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

4 hours ago, trishOT said:

Waitlisted at Dalhousie for OT!

Has anyone experienced getting off the waiting list closer to September? Just thinking ahead in terms of finding a place at short notice as I am out of province. 

Congrats!! How did you get notified? I haven’t heard anything which is strange if everyone else is hearing back today

23 hours ago, OT123OT said:

Hey! I got a conditional acceptance to Dal OT this morning! I'm an in province student, wondering if anyone has any insights as to when final acceptance should be expected for the school of graduate studies/registrar? I assume it will be once my final transcript is sent in?

Did you receive an email? I noticed on my application summary it says decision made and the status says accepted, however I havent gotten any emails yet! 

Got waitlisted at Dal - gpa is a 3.92, I work at an OT clinic as an assistant and I had great references. 
I had a meeting with their admission team in December only to find out that all out of province seats were taken away. She told me that although I had a very strong application and they’d love to take me, EVERY Atlantic resident was ahead of me. Not suprised I got waitlisred as that’s what they told me would happen. 
Thought others might appreciate the clarity!

1 hour ago, BCapplicantOT said:

Got waitlisted at Dal - gpa is a 3.92, I work at an OT clinic as an assistant and I had great references. 
I had a meeting with their admission team in December only to find out that all out of province seats were taken away. She told me that although I had a very strong application and they’d love to take me, EVERY Atlantic resident was ahead of me. Not suprised I got waitlisred as that’s what they told me would happen. 

Thank you for sharing this! I was waitlisted last year and did not get off the waitlist. I am an out of province applicant. Just want to share my experience as it's important to keep things in perspective especially if you live out of province and need more time to figure out living arrangements if accepted. 

Edited by DSWturnedOT2024
missing a word

3 hours ago, OTOPLS said:

Did you receive an email? I noticed on my application summary it says decision made and the status says accepted, however I havent gotten any emails yet! 

Yes! I got an email yesterday from the school of OT and then another email today from graduate studies with an official acceptance letter. Congrats :) and I'd say check your spam/what email you put for your contact just incase you've been checking the wrong one!!

6 hours ago, BCapplicantOT said:

Oh that’s interesting! Does that mean out of province students aren’t being admitted to dal?

9 hours ago, BCapplicantOT said:

I wonder if it’s similar with PT.. because on their website says there’s approx 15-16 discretionary seats! If it’s similar to OT, then it would be pointless for all OOP applicants to apply since we’re basically at the very bottom of that waitlist, if we were to get waitlisted…

19 hours ago, OT123OT said:

Yes! I got an email yesterday from the school of OT and then another email today from graduate studies with an official acceptance letter. Congrats :) and I'd say check your spam/what email you put for your contact just incase you've been checking the wrong one!!

Thank you! Yes I received the official letter yesterday, and the unofficial one went to my old Dal email address which I never thought to check. Silly me!

Has anyone been in touch with Dal PT Admissions and have an idea when they will be sent out? I know it says "spring" on the website but am wondering if it'll be soon since OT admissions went out. The wait is killing me!! :)

On 4/12/2024 at 8:50 AM, weareinthistogether said:

I wonder if UBC PT will send out offers today! They said mid-April on their website.

Based on my digging for admissions over the past couple of years. I am expecting to hear this coming week. It seems like this is the equivalent week in the calendar to when they have sent out admissions in the past. I have it in my head that I am expecting to hear back on the 17th for some reason. Good luck!

Edited by DGK
Fact checked myself

On 3/28/2024 at 9:26 PM, PTGuy said:

I have just been accepted to McGill's QY for PT and I was hoping that someone who has gone through the program could send me a msg, so I can ask them some questions!

Thanks!

Congrats! I didnt know they send acceptances so early, are you intl?