Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

18 hours ago, hopefulrehabpro said:

hmm that's interesting. I currently attend UofT and applied to OT at UofT too. I got the campus preference email to my UofT email, which is the same as my ORPAS email.

Just to clear my confusion, what do you mean by "it might mean something?" 

Yeah! Apparently UofT rehab programs (OT, PT and speech) tend to enrol their students a bit early; my friend saw she was "Invited" to SLP on her ACORN (UofT portal) account a few days before actual offers came out. Since that shows that the school begins setting up prospective students in their system before the acceptance date, she was wondering if her UofT email was being used because she was already being set up in the UofT system as an accepted student. 

It does seem a bit odd that they would use the email she hadn't listed on her application, especially to send an offer of admission! But it's all speculation. if there is a current uoft undergrad who has their personal email on ORPAS, and received communications to their personal email only (despite other Uoft undergrads receiving it to their UofT emails) then I would be more curious about it. In reality, it could just mean that they pre-separate all the current UofT students from the start of the application process, in which case all UofT undergrads would receive communications on their campus emails. 

13 minutes ago, Joce said:

Hi! Has anyone heard back for the UofT or Queens OT interviews? I thought we were supposed to get an invite by the end of March...

I think people have been receiving their CAP invites. for uoft, but I didn't apply to uoft so idk the process. As for queens, there is no interview. selection will be based off gpa, resume, statement of intent and references. You should hear back from queens in may! good luck :)

32 minutes ago, growingup said:

I think people have been receiving their CAP invites. for uoft, but I didn't apply to uoft so idk the process. As for queens, there is no interview. selection will be based off gpa, resume, statement of intent and references. You should hear back from queens in may! good luck :)

Ohhh I see. Thank you so much!!

On 4/4/2024 at 10:30 AM, otot123 said:

Yeah! Apparently UofT rehab programs (OT, PT and speech) tend to enrol their students a bit early; my friend saw she was "Invited" to SLP on her ACORN (UofT portal) account a few days before actual offers came out. Since that shows that the school begins setting up prospective students in their system before the acceptance date, she was wondering if her UofT email was being used because she was already being set up in the UofT system as an accepted student. 

It does seem a bit odd that they would use the email she hadn't listed on her application, especially to send an offer of admission! But it's all speculation. if there is a current uoft undergrad who has their personal email on ORPAS, and received communications to their personal email only (despite other Uoft undergrads receiving it to their UofT emails) then I would be more curious about it. In reality, it could just mean that they pre-separate all the current UofT students from the start of the application process, in which case all UofT undergrads would receive communications on their campus emails. 

I see! I never heard this before, so good to know. I will now be checking my ACORN more often in case!!

On 4/5/2024 at 7:55 PM, ototototot said:

Wondering if anyone is on the wait list for OT at UBC yet or has gotten formally rejected? Just wondering about timelines as a prospective student for waitlists just in case...

I was notified of my position on the waitlist around the same time other people were talking about getting accepted. I feel like you should’ve heard one way or the other by now, but I can only really speak to when I personally heard back.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:55 PM, ototototot said:

Wondering if anyone is on the wait list for OT at UBC yet or has gotten formally rejected? Just wondering about timelines as a prospective student for waitlists just in case...

I'm on the waitlist for UBC OT and was wondering as well if anyone who got an offer has rejected it. Feeling so restless waiting :(

Congrats to all those who got in and are accepting!

On 4/7/2024 at 11:00 PM, OTwannabe111 said:

I'm on the waitlist for UBC OT and was wondering as well if anyone who got an offer has rejected it. Feeling so restless waiting :(

Congrats to all those who got in and are accepting!

I’m feeling the same way! I’m on the out of province waitlist so I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but I expect there will be more movement on the list in May when other schools start sending out acceptances.

8 hours ago, physiowannabe123 said:

Apparently some UBC PT rejections were sent out yesterday? Does this indicate the rest should hear back soon? I thought UBC always sends all acceptances and rejections at the same time

They should come around the same time. Are you sure rejections went out yesterday? 

5 hours ago, OT123OT said:

Hey! I got a conditional acceptance to Dal OT this morning! I'm an in province student, wondering if anyone has any insights as to when final acceptance should be expected for the school of graduate studies/registrar? I assume it will be once my final transcript is sent in?

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your GPA on your last 60 credits? I was waitlisted and I am wondering how close I am haha. 

13 minutes ago, OT Queen said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your GPA on your last 60 credits? I was waitlisted and I am wondering how close I am haha. 

I don't know my SubGPA according to DAL but my ORPAS my sGPA was 3.68! I had extremely strong references (Dal Alum/Dean of my program) and a strong personal statement so i think that and the fact that I'm in province helped a lot! Best of luck!!:)

51 minutes ago, OT23761249 said:

I was just waitlisted for Dal OT this morning. Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted from the waitlist? I am currently out of province but completed my undergrad in Nova Scotia 

Not sure if this helps but my understanding is that it really depends. You could be next up on the waitlist or you could be near the end. It looks like in past years some people have been accepted a week after getting put on the waitlist and a few people get accepted as close to a few days before classes start. So we will only know forsure that we didn't get in once classes start. I have no idea how long the waitlist for Dal OT is.