Premed 101 Forums

Transcript vs MSPR

barcode

For CaRMS I believe we have to submit both our transcript and MSPR. For my school, a course failure would appear on my transcript but not on my MSPR. My question is two-fold, what's the difference between the transcript vs. MSPR and would a course failure (remediated afterwards) on a transcript be a red flag if it doesn't show on the MSPR?

I would imagine this is program dependent. Programs will receive and review both transcript and MSPR so it it doesn't really matter if course failure shows up on only one or the other.

The transcript contains a list of courses/rotations taken and the result, pass/fail, only. There are no comments or details on this.

The MSPR contains all summary comments and any numerical scoring evaluations made through your clerkship core rotations and electives.

Both transcript and MSPR are generally reviewed only for "red flags". For a transcript that might include a failed course (again depending on program), and on MSPR that would be any comments from your rotations that suggest you would not be a good team-player/resident or any issues with professionalism.

Not a red flag unless you failed multiple courses. Im helping with file review for our program this year and your situation would result in your transcript score being lower than other applicants. Generally transcript and academics are worth very few points  (5-10% in total for example for MSPR, transcript and research combined) for most schools so i wouldnt worry about it.