Premed 101 Forums

Letters are out!!!

Guest sab10

Guest sab10

Just got the email... I'm in!

My composite score was 91.4.

Good luck to everyone else, and I can't wait to meet you in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Smithie

Cruel bastards!! First they tell me that rejections will be sent via mail only and that only acceptances will be emailed. Then I come on here and see that emails have been sent and I still don't have one yet..... okay so I didn't get in. Fine. Then I check my email one last time, and low and behold an email about my application satus in my inbox. Bells start ringing, I am practically passing out. I'm in. Woohoo. Wait for it...... if you pause it just right you can see the exact moment his heart breaks in two...... we regret to inform you that you..... Dammit. Why would they do that. Oh well. My composite score is 85.8 and I am out. Good luck to everyone else. 3 strikes. I suppose this means I am out.

Guest Smithie

Sorry to hear that Dallas. On the bright side, you still have a chance and since there was no early acceptances, I have a feeling anyone who got in to more than one school will chose the other school so there should be a lot of movement on the wait list. The worst part is if you call them, unless policy has changed, they won't tell you anything about the wait list. How long it is, where you are, how much it generally moves. They are not overly helpful in that department. I wish you the best of luck and I am sorry that you have to be nervous for a few more weeks.

Guest Sack Lunch

i'm in! my composite score is 88.3. congrats to those accepted, i'll see u in the fall! hopefully there will be some ridiculous waitlist movement. to those rejected, don't quit! this was my third time applying, the prior two attempts just makes acceptance so much sweeter!

Guest nonce

Congrats to all those who accepted.

For those that are waitlisted, keep your hopes up, movement in the past has been substantial.

However, for those who were rejected, or those who may not get in off the waitlist, trust me.....keep at it, it took me three tries to get in....and while it would be a lie if i said i didnt want to get in after the first try, i definately feel i was more prepared when i finally did get the acceptance.

Work on your weaknesses, improve on your strengths, and keep applying.

My last tip....for those who were accepted....ENJOY YOUR SUMMER......this time next year, you will be cursing yourself for being in medicine, all while trying to study for 8 finals!!:rollin

Congrats again.

Guest frenchfrog

Congratulations everyone who got in.

Stay strong, those who haven't.

I've been accepted, thank goodness.

My composite score is : 88.95

See you all in August!

Wooohooo! :D

Guest JMD500

I received an OOP offer of acceptance with a composite score of 90.3. Congrats to all that received their own offers. Looking forward to meeting you in August!

JMD500

Guest Wormguy

I have a composite score of 87.02 and am on the waiting list. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there with a similar score that is either on the waitlist or accepted?? I would guess there are probably only between 3 and 5 positions that open up on the waitlist every year, so I am losing a bit of hope. But I really don't know. All of us still waiting will know a lot more in the next couple weeks when people start accepting positions at other schools or deferring or whatever. In the meantime, if there is anyone that is accepting a position at another school, will you please post here so that we know another person off the waiting list will get in please.

Thanks, and congratulations to all accepted.

Guest Dallas

You think you are losing hope? I got 86.0 so I'm really concerned. But a good buddy of mine last year was in our position. He didn't get in off the wait list until close to August 1st. The college told him that some years only a couple people get in off the waitlist and other years the whole list is gone through. And I believe the waitlist (at least last year) was 12 people. For some reason I believe that 12 is their standard waitlist size.

And I agree. Anyone who got into UofS in province and decides to go somewhere else, let us know.

Guest benevan

I was accepted with a composite score of 87.9, which is the lowest accepted score I have seen so far on this post. I hope this helps you gauge your position "worm guy" and good luck! good luck to everyone else as well.

Guest kosmo14

Congrats to all who got in this year. I wish you the best. Enjoy your summer.

For those that didn't get in this year, heres hoping the waiting list moves really deep. For the rest don't give up, 1 year of your life may seem like a lot now, but it really isn't in the end. The interivew format is changing next year and the weighting is changing (60% academics, 40% interview), so maybe it will suit you better.

Guest Kenola

Hi all,

Accepted with a composite score of 87.64

Yay!

Lowest accepted composite seen yet in these posts!! :-)

Kenola

Archived