Premed 101 Forums

Grade Conversion Scale

Guest JMD500

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JMD500

Maybe no one understood what I meant. Basically, what does each letter grade convert to in percent? Is an A+ worth 100% while an A is 95%, etc? How does it work?

Thanks again,

JMD500

Guest sab10

Hi JMD,

I think this was already posted, but I'm not too sure where. This is the conversion scale I was given:

A+ = 95%

A = 93%

A- = 84%

B+ = 78%

B = 75%

B- = 72%

C+ = 68%

C = 65%

Hope this is what you're looking for! Have a good Friday:)

Guest jgray2

the conversion scale is different between institutions. it makes sense because the A-/A/A+ are all different between institutions. for example, ucalgary's A is generally around a 90%+, whereas athabasca's A is at 85%. it isn't fair for someone who got straight As at ucalgary to receive the same straight A % of someone from athabasca.

so really, what i would suggest is e-mailing the office to ask what the scale is for your institution. there was someone on the board who later learned to his/her horror that the grade conversion scale that they used was inappropriate -- and therefore s/he did not receive an interview despite having a "straight A average".

when you do find out the scale for your school, please do post it here to add to the knowledge ~

note: sab's scale = ucalgary's scale too

Archived