Premed 101 Forums

MCAT aftermath

Guest miss83

Guest miss83

For all those MCAT writers out there who are as anxious as I am for it to be over... How do you plan to celebrate the ending (at least temporary) of the MCAT era?

Guest kaymcee

I plan to drink away whatever trivial knowledge the MCAT has made me memorize. This process, I believe, will require a few days, seeing as how there's quite a bit to forget.

Guest Elaine I

Immediately after the exam, I plan to head to work. My partner knows that I'll be showing up brain-dead that night... I'm hoping that it is either really busy, to keep me awake, or really slow, to hopefully allow a bit of sleep on the job!

Once I get my marks, I plan on having a rather large bonfire of my MCAT study notes!!

Elaine

Guest miss83

work after the MCAT? that's very brave indeed. I know the first time that I wrote it (oh the unproud moment, I actually didn't do that badly, just not well enough for Queen's...), I was so tired and cranky afterwards that I had a huge fight with my dad, and then with my boyfriend at the moment. Then I went to bed ridiculously early, like 10 or something... This time around hopefully things will go at least slightly better (2-3 points is what I'm hoping for), and I'll have a fun time that evening since it's a good friend's birthday.

Guest tomparv

I threw a keg party (at a friends' house, so no cleanup!) An awesome way to forget everything, but it made for a very painful Sunday.

Best,

Tom

Guest Elaine I

Well, six years seniority doesn't earn you summer weekend night holidays...so to work I'll go! Fortunately, my supervisor did give me Friday night off, as I was supposed to work then as well. It's one thing working after the MCAT, but would be a completely other to write the MCAT after working nights!

Best wishes to everyone on Saturday!

Elaine

I can't wait for the evening of the 20th :)

Well, I won't lie, I am going a on a drinking extravaganza, to forget everything I learned for the MCAT (good thinking Kaymcee). But on the non-drinking front I am taking a weekend trip to Seattle on the weekend of the 26th to see Ben Folds in concert and then mini-trip to Whistler and the Okanagan after that (I am just living in BC for the summer, so I have to see these places!)

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night :D

Guest marbledust
I am taking a weekend trip to Seattle on the weekend of the 26th to see Ben Folds in concert

Aw you are so lucky....I love Ben Folds! Never had the chance to see them live yet. I am jealous :)

Archived